Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So apparently fat people can't even acknowledge their own fatness anymore

83 posts in this topic

Posted

If they get fat Barbie, then the Barbie Corvette is going to have to be replaced with a Geo Metro because there's nothing like seeing a half ton woman in a half ton car.

what about the battery powered wheel chair?

Posted

That comes with the new Bariatric Barbie set

Posted

That comes with a gravy IV drip and cheeto dispenser

Posted

Does the fact that I found that video amusing make me a horrible person? For some reason I imagine the people leaving the store and going home to cry into a half gallon of rocky road.

I wouldn't say it makes you a horrible person...it's their own decision to be fat.

Posted

That comes with a gravy IV drip and cheeto dispenser

I just got a mental image of gravy been poured through a 32 fr catheter and threw up a little in my mouth

Posted

Come on fat people, get it together.  Your self deprecation really acts as a barrier for the rest of us to fat shame you effectively.

You're quite close to the truth, you know. I say things about myself that I know (feel) others are thinking ... in a way to defuse it, to verbalize it, to let them know (why, I don't know) that I know I'm fat. In some ways, empowering; in other ways, pathetic, I suppose.

Posted

I wouldn't say it makes you a horrible person...it's their own decision to be fat.

Not always ...

Posted

Not always ...

I'd say always. If you don't want to be fat is as simple as making a choice to change your diet so that you are no longer that way anymore. My brother is an excellent example of this. He was obese in early high school at 5'10" and 260 lbs. He made the decision to no longer be fat and had lost 120 lbs in 6 months through strict diet change. He hasn't ever been fat again since and he's 29 years old now.

Posted

tumblr_msl96z_UH3q1rbkpuuo1_500_zps25739

Posted

I'd say always. If you don't want to be fat is as simple as making a choice to change your diet so that you are no longer that way anymore. My brother is an excellent example of this. He was obese in early high school at 5' 10' and 260 lbs. He made the decision to no longer be fat and had lost 120 lbs in 6 months through strict diet change. He hasn't ever been fat again since and he's 29 years old now.

There are other issues that may impact a person's weight. It's not always a "just say no" issue.

Posted

tumblr_msl96z_UH3q1rbkpuuo1_500_zps25739

Yeah, that's so, so funny.

Posted

not funny as much poignant. He is making a choice.