#31 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Wow. So happy to get a nut, but not the babe.

I suppose it's a generational thing.

#32 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Lighten up, Francis.

The Failcons knew we were gonna run. And we had to stay away from the sidelines.

At least y'all have 2 weeks to second-guess stuff.

#33 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,883 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Forgive my consistent grammatical lapses today, got an iPad mini for Christmas and I'm still teaching the autocorrect how to spell.

Kids grow so fast. I hope..

#34 DecrypticShadow

DecrypticShadow

The Sarcastic A**hole Your Mother Warned You About

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

but now that i think about it.  say cam throws an incomplete pass there at the end.  they still have a timeout and can stop the clock after that miss communication on the snap

You have a point there sir., but I would have still liked the mentality of getting a 1st down on offense to secure our win... But then again...........

We are the Cardiac Cats!!! Good Lord... I don't know if I have enough booze to calm my nerves... 

#35 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

Screen on 3rd and 10

Cam Newton designed run on 3rd and 10

Running up the middle every 2nd down

It didn't even look like a screen.  A screen might have had a chance of working.  It looked like just a regular pass to the running back out in the flat.  Might have been a good play call on second down, but on third and long, it doesn't have a chance. 

I do wonder though if it was a safety valve that Cam threw because everyone else was covered?  It seemed like a very quick pass though, so I got to think a pass in the flat to the back was the call.

#36 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

We just beat the Saints last week in the same situation. Were we trying to have the same damn thing happen to us? It also wasn't just the last drive. It has been the past 4 games. I still can't believe This staff hasn't learned a thing in 3 years.

Im happy as hell that we won and are Champs but I was hoping this game would give me a ton of confidence going into the playoffs. Unfortunatley it did the exact opposite.

#37 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

We need better weapons...we get better offensive production. Why can't you guys get it through your heads WE HAVE NO ZERO NADA OFFENSIVE TALENT OUTSIDE OF CAM TOLBERT AND SOME LINEMAN.

We HAVE TO PLAY LIKE THIS.

#38 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,821 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Shula needs to cook up something much better in the playoffs. Can needs to step up as well because a first QT lag will not cut it.

#39 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Shula is not the best OC, but his play calling has gotten us in the Playoffs for the 1st time since 2008. So you can bash him if you like, I'd but I'll keep him for another year. Don't get me wrong, he does need to improve on his play calling some but more importantly, his play calling at key times. He also needs to draw up quicker developing plays. But of course, better offensive linemen will help next year.

#40 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

and yet here we are in the playoffs

this!!!!! If chudzinski was here we would have thrown on all three downs and atlanta would have gotten the ball back with all of their timeouts. Instead, we are NFC champs, have a bye and Chudzinski will be getting fired tomorrow. obviously our hands were tied today without steve smith. You all are tripping.

#41 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

Luckily we are playing at least one game at BOA, where the fans have definitely turned homefield into an advantage...

#42 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,498 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

there's very little excuse for Shula and I've felt that way for a few weeks now...  His situational playcalling is suspect long enough to dig a hole...

#43 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,355 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

We need better weapons...we get better offensive production. Why can't you guys get it through your heads WE HAVE NO ZERO NADA OFFENSIVE TALENT OUTSIDE OF CAM TOLBERT AND SOME LINEMAN.

We HAVE TO PLAY LIKE THIS.

Granted we don't necessarily have top flight talent, but we do have seasoned pros---two of which who have been to the Super Bowl were on the field today. 

#44 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• ALL-PRO
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Cam's first half probably had a lot to do with that conservative play calling. Take away a 60 yard screen pass and he has less than 100 yards on 26 attempts. He threw high all day on passes over 10 yards so they stopped calling them. If your QB is off and it's a close game, having him work it out through the game is not a good idea.

#45 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

You created a thread, people are offering their opinions. If you don't like them, and can't handle that, don't create one. Simple concept.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com