121 replies to this topic

#31 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Would it make any difference to anyone if the husband wanted the child to be born but the state, or insurance companies wanted to remove life support? 

#32 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

A child has the right to life and safety....that is not given nor taken away from them by their parents.

It's not a child until born.

"Family lawyers have said it will be difficult to convince a Texas judge to grant an injunction or restraining order to put the mother's wishes ahead of her child."

Why not? The mother's wishes are always put ahead of the child once it's born until it's 18 years old. There's nobody defending the rights of a child or being a proxy voice for a child when it comes to circumcision, immunizations and other medical procedures performed on children until they're old enough to make such decisions themselves under the law (age 18).

#33 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Would it make any difference to anyone if the husband wanted the child to be born but the state, or insurance companies wanted to remove life support? 

I'd be willing to bet the state would be nowhere in sight if that were the case. After all, we are talking about Texas. 

If the fetus is brought to near term and is born via Caesarian and the baby is not healthy as a result of the mother's medical condition, stand by for major lawsuits.

The medically accepted limit of an abortion is 22 weeks max before it's considered a late term abortion and serious medical considerations must be made. However, because this is Texas, they have made abortions nearly impossible whereas in most other states, it wouldn't even be a newsworthy story.

The real issue here is, however, nobody in the entire family wants this to continue and everyone on both sides of the family wants to follow the wishes of the wife/daughter/sister, and they are not even being allowed the choice.

#34 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

Yes, only the Army can make those kinds of decisions

#35 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,077 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

It's not a child until it is born.
).

That is a whole different argument and nothing more than your opinion.

#36 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

. There's nobody defending the rights of a child or being a proxy voice for a child when it comes to circumcision, immunizations and other medical procedures performed on children until they're old enough to make such decisions themselves under the law (age 18).

We are not talking about a decision to be circumcised here. We are talking about the right to life.

And when it cones to screw names, yours us perfect. Because when it comes to you....nobody is definitely home upstairs.

Damn you are really one dumb fuger

#37 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

That is a whole different argument and nothing more than your opinion.

Stating the obvious:

The entire premise of the legal argument in right to life/freedom of choice is based upon this notion.

#38 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

We are not talking about a decision to be circumcised here. We are talking about the right to life.

And when it cones to screw names, yours us perfect. Because when it comes to you....nobody is definitely home upstairs.

Damn you are really one dumb fuger

Wrong again. The medical procedure being contested is to remove the woman from life support. 

You're making a very weak effort to make it a case over an unborn fetus. But insults seem to be your method of making that argument instead of sticking with the facts.

Lol... nice try. I love teeing you up... way too easy.

#39 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

If everyone would accept the fact that an adult woman is merely a baby making machine to be regulated by the State we would all get along much better.

#40 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

Wrong again. The medical procedure being contested is to remove the woman from life support.

You're making a very weak effort to make it a case over an unborn fetus. But insults seem to be your method of making that argument instead of sticking with the facts.

Lol... nice try. I love teeing you up... way too easy.

Which will immediately kill the child. The debate is over the right to life for the child...not the woman.

#41 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,724 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Depends on what we knew bout the wife's wishes.  If it was her wish to be taken off, she should be taken off.  If her wishes were not known, then it should be the husband's decision.

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Depends on what we knew bout the wife's wishes. If it was her wish to be taken off, she should be taken off. If her wishes were not known, then it should be the husband's decision.

Given that she did not have an abortion...is it not fair to say that her wishes were also that her child live?

Thoughts?

#43 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Given that she did not have an abortion...is it not fair to say that her wishes were also that her child live?

Thoughts?

I believe that is a fair assessment.  However I am not willing to jump to the conclusion that she wished to be kept alive on machines for 4-5 months to carry the child to term, not when she expressed wishes that she not be kept alive by machines.

#44 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

I would bet many husbands and wives might have the conversation about life support, but many do not have the conversation specifically about being pregnant at the time.

#45 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

I would bet many husbands and wives might have the conversation about life support, but many do not have the conversation specifically about being pregnant at the time.

Agreed, although if this goes on to garner Terry Shiavo level attention then I bet that will change.

Although I am not sure it would matter in this case.  Texas does not seem to give a rat's ass about mothers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.