#61 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

Don't think anyone said that, stirs. What I said was we don't know. For all we know she may have had one scheduled for next week or never. We have no way of knowing, so on one hand assuming because she hadn't had an abortion yet meaning she wasn't going to have one at all is the same as assuming she might have had one scheduled, but never got there.

We were the ones saying there is a lot we don't know. You were the one saying this us a blatant overstep by the government.

#62 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

We were the ones saying there is a lot we don't know. You were the one saying this us a blatant overstep by the government.

"There are simply way too many questions we simply do not have the answers to while debating the subject. But for Texas law to so blatantly ignore the entire family's wishes- and we are talking about virtually every member of his and her families- which were to not sustain life support, is just wrong, in my opinion."

My direct quote from my post. You got half of it right.

#63 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Ugh...  This is where I work...

#64 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

Don't think anyone said that, stirs. What I said was we don't know. For all we know she may have had one scheduled for next week or never. We have no way of knowing, so on one hand assuming because she hadn't had an abortion yet meaning she wasn't going to have one at all is the same as assuming she might have had one scheduled, but never got there.

I highly doubt a married couple would be looking to get an abortion for 1. And 2 if they really didn't want the baby I really doubt they'd wait around a couple of months to do it.

You keep using the term unborn fetus to detract from the actual life of this child. A child has a heartbeat at 6 weeks just like you or I do. This is not about the mothers life. Hers is gone. Yes her wishes were to be taking off life support but I'm willing to bet if she was told she had a child that could live if she stayed on life support for a couple more months her instinct would be to help for child.

You are being purposefully ignorant here on a lot of things

#65 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,323 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

The fly I just killed had a heartbeat

#66 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

I highly doubt a married couple would be looking to get an abortion for 1. And 2 if they really didn't want the baby I really doubt they'd wait around a couple of months to do it.

You keep using the term unborn fetus to detract from the actual life of this child. A child has a heartbeat at 6 weeks just like you or I do. This is not about the mothers life. Hers is gone. Yes her wishes were to be taking off life support but I'm willing to bet if she was told she had a child that could live if she stayed on life support for a couple more months her instinct would be to help for child.

You are being purposefully ignorant here on a lot of things

The mother is brain-dead and 2 of the 3 doctors who helped author the bill were quoted in my earlier post stating the hospital is completely wrong and is interpreting the law they helped write incorrectly.

And I believe in the right to choose. That is not being "purposefully ignorant" as you would characterize. That is simply having a different belief system than you.

Your "highly doubt," "I really doubt," "but I'm willing to bet" statements are complete assumptions on your part. Please go back and read the statements of the husband since this has occurred- he still wants life support removed per her wishes.

Your completely ignoring the wishes of the woman, her husband, her husband's family and the woman's family- all of whom are unanimously for removing life support.

#67 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

If it was that big of a deal, she should have had it in writing.

If she didn't, then the baby should be given every opportunity to be born.

#68 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

The mother is brain-dead and 2 of the 3 doctors who helped author the bill were quoted in my earlier post stating the hospital is completely wrong and is interpreting the law they helped write incorrectly.

And I believe in the right to choose. That is not being "purposefully ignorant" as you would characterize. That is simply having a different belief system than you.

Your "highly doubt," "I really doubt," "but I'm willing to bet" statements are complete assumptions on your part. Please go back and read the statements of the husband since this has occurred- he still wants life support removed per her wishes.

Your completely ignoring the wishes of the woman, her husband, her husband's family and the woman's family- all of whom are unanimously for removing life support.

You are mischaracterizing her wishes as if those wishes would still be hers even if she had a baby she could give life to. You don't know that so all of the wishes are moot.

#69 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

You are mischaracterizing her wishes as if those wishes would still be hers even if she had a baby she could give life to. You don't know that so all of the wishes are moot.

I am mischaracterizing?

The wishes aren't mine, they are hers and her family's- go tell them. I simply support the family.

Go tell the husband how he is mischaracterizing his wife's wishes....

#70 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

I am mischaracterizing?

The wishes aren't mine, they are hers and her family's- go tell them.

Let's just kill a kid who could have had a pretty happy life... Yay

#71 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Let's just kill a kid who could have had a pretty happy life... Yay

...and you know the kid's life will be happy how?

#72 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

...and you know the kid's life will be happy how?

Well relatively happy of course but this kid would be able to actually live.. You know instead of getting snuffed out by the likes of you

#73 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,323 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

If it was that big of a deal, she should have had it in writing.

If she didn't, then the baby should be given every opportunity to be born.

If it was that big of a deal she would have altered her wishes in writing once she was pregnant.

If she didn't her original request should be honored.

That was pretty easy.

#74 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Don't know if this has been said yet, but this is a tough thing. I don't know what is right.

But I will say this, if the state is forcing this family to continue life support against their wishes, the state should have to pay all the medical bills associated with it.

#75 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Well relatively happy of course but this kid would be able to actually live.. You know instead of getting snuffed out by the likes of you

Actually, there's a pretty good chance, according to the physicians, the fetus could be brought to partial term, taken by C-section and spend the rest of its "life" just like its mother is right now- brain dead with a respirator.

But yeah, the state has nothing to do with any of that, right? The family gets handed a bill for millions of dollars, a wife/daughter brain dead on a respirator and a child born about 3 months premature in the same condition and husband/father now gets to deal with all of it.

What if the wife was raped and beaten to a pulp and left in this same condition. Would you still demand the woman be kept on a respirator just to incubate a fetus to near-term?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com