You lost me at jimmy clausen.

#32 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

Do us all a favor and slap them right in the face next time. Those pathetic wankers don't deserve to be in the fanbase.

#33 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,961 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

I get this a LOT from people I talk to as well...  honestly most of them are older white people, so I think there is at least some racist attitudes in there...

fug them.

#34 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

There's a guy I do work for that's the same way. He can't stand cam because of his "attitude". He will admit that cam is pretty good though.

#35 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

I have seen the racist side of this argument and then I've seen the "I'm-dumb-about-football-and-don't-know-what-I'm-talkin-about" side of it too.

The Racist argument sounds like this:

"Cam Newton sucks he just runs around and then does his little superman dance after every play.  I wish they would knock his black ass out." 

(Pretty disgusting huh?)(These are actual things that I have heard.) 

Then they will go on to bash Steve Smith and call him a Thug and as a side note toss out this little gem, "Somebody ought to rip a handful of 34's hair out, I bet he cuts that poo then..." 

To conclude the racist's rant in the same breath as the other statements about this team they will proclaim, "I will give ya one thing, that Kooklie character or however you say it, THAT boy can play!"

There is nothing to be gained from this conversation.  Try to remove yourself as quickly as you can or if you feel able, pop that dumb sumbitch right in the snot-box.  The choice is yours.

On the other hand, The I-don't-know-football argument is a bit different, it usually includes the phrases "$cam Newton" and "can't read defenses".  They will also say things like "who are your receivers?"  "Your secondary will get exposed" and other moronic things of this nature.

People who employ this tactic are usually new to the Panthers or fans of other teams like the Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Steelers, or Cowboys to name a few. 

The best thing for these people is if they are not already a diehard of one of the above teams is to remain calm and teach them.  They can be converted.  Ignorance is not permanent, it can be fixed.  Stupid cannot. 

#36 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

i was making small talk with a client one time and things moved to sports

"panthers fan?"

"yeah"

"you like cam newton?"

"yes"

"well, i like what he does on the field.  what he does off it, not so much"

you'd think he was getting in strip club brawls and racking up DUIs or some poo.  

#37 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

There was an idiot on my FB feed yesterday who claims to be a Panther fan, who said something to the effect of "Congrats Panthers but it was all the defense. I don't get all the hype for a mediocre quarterback (Cammy cam), and we'd have a losing season if it weren't for the defense."

Me and another guy proceeded to pretty much destroy him with facts, it was fun

#38 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

i saw someone somewhere comment about about how good the panthers would be "once cam realizes he plays for the carolina panthers and not the carolina cam newtons" or something similarly idiotic.  his play this season has been unselfish and he's unflinchingly done everything that shula has asked of him-what are people looking at?

#39 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Its dislike of skin color augmented by the concept of a "qb" typcasted with the attempted character assassinations done before the draft. However if one is will to hold onto ill conceived opinions from 2 years ago, it just really points to the obvious.

Stuff like this will never go away, even if Cam did win a superbowl. People would say that he didn't do it, receivers caught the ball, the o-line blocked, the defense played defense.

Just how the world works, said reality in all honesty. I just want Cam puts together a couple SB wins and a HOF resume 

#40 !stUp

!stUp

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationPlotting Against The Falcons

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

I get this a LOT from people I talk to as well...  honestly most of them are older white people, so I think there is at least some racist attitudes in there...

fug them.

As an  " older White person" who has been a Panther fan since day 1, IMHO Cam is the best thing that has happen to this franchise since it's inception ( Of course drafting 89 was a pretty good move hehe)

#41 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

I'm guessing there are a lot of South Carolina fans that hate him from his SEC domination at Auburn. My wife went to UGA and she can't stand him...thinks he's an egomaniac, thinks he should have been punished for accepting money to go to Auburn, thinks his various celebrations are obnoxious, etc. That's her opinion and it won't change, regardless of the fact that her husband is a die hard Panther fan. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if there were a bunch of other fans from SEC schools, like SC, that are also Panthers fans and secretly (or not so secretly) wish Cam wasn;t our quarterback. Not justifying it, just guessing that this is the source of some hatred.

#42 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

It just really frustrates me that we have someone who truely cares about winning at all costs and simply because he has some peronality and has fun on the field he's hated on like it's really so sad we as a people still act like this and I really hope this doesn't end in a Lebron move

Thanks for the earlier post. 

Those people can't be real fans. Cause any one who follows the Panthers, know Cam's a good kid, who wants to win. 

If they say otherwise, then they must have ulterior motives, or must not be real/big fans of the Panthers or Cam to begin with. 

As some one said earlier; if you hear them talk about a back up, it's time to switch conversations. 

I think it's a combination of non panther fans; ignorance through the media; racism indeed; "Southern Hospitality", the college wars revisited, and plain stupidity.  

#43 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,961 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

As " older White person" who has been a Panther fan since day 1, IMHO Cam is the best thing that has happen to this franchise since it's inception ( Of course drafting 89 was a pretty good move hehe)

Well that's you and I'm white and older than most of these punks on this site too and I love Cam...

Just saying what I've seen.

#44 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

wrong word actually, not hated, just "don't trust"  :coldb:

So you didn't trust him before this season??  :startle: 

#45 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

I never really get into those conversations. Some of it may be racist, some of it may be not. Who knows? Not for me to judge. I like everyone on our team regardless of what color skin tone they have. Sports are suppose to be fun and thats all I look for. When someone starts talking nonsense, I usually just stop talking to them. Never argue with a fool. A person watching will have a hard time figuring out who is the fool ( or something like that). I had this one guy at the beginning of the year state he is gonig to have to look for another team because the panthers are moving to LA. I just looked at him and just continued. Don't argue with people, just ignore and enjoy what we have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com