Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg Hardy 15 Sacks

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Good DEs are expensive... but well worth the price. Look what a good D line does for a poor secondary. Makes the whole defense top tier.

Hardy is well worth the money. Pressure on QBs is the name of the game. Imagine how good we'll be once we get some decent CBs.

Posted

Hardy had double digit sacks last season, there was no reason for offenses to discount his ability.

As he himself mentioned, having a monster DL paid dividends for him. You can't block everyone, you have to pick your poison.

Posted

Nice to see Joo-Lee-Us poo the bed in Chicago again.  Forced the fumble GB ran in and had that intelligent look on his face.  Priceless.

Posted

So, 15 is 30% of the 50 sacks Hardy said he would get this year. So, whatever he asks for, take 30% off Gettleman

Posted

Those that accuse gettleman of being stingy are junping the gun. He claims to pay players what they are worth. Some act like gettleman wont give out huge contracts. Its been one season and gettleman was stuck with horrific cap position. We'll be out of it soon, and we will see what we really have in DG.

Posted

He said fifteen not fifty. Duh!!!! Anyways I always thought he was talking about the defense as a whole getting fifty. Mission accomplished!!

Posted

what i love most about Hardy is he gives praise to everybody around him before himself even with his crazy proclamations before the season.

and did anybody else notice going around to every defensive player on the sidelines after that big stop?

2 people like this

Posted

I know it's easy to sit here now and say we shoulda have locked Hardy up early, but DG's plan all along was to have a dominant DL.

He double dipped in the draft, brought in solid rotation guys.

DG must have really not been sold on Hardy at all before the season. Because with all the other pieces, Hardy was going to have his opportunities. He's made the most of them the last few weeks and really has bit us in the ass.

This guy has all the talent in the world and when his head is in it he can be as good as he wants. 5 weeks ago I would have been ok letting him walk. But after the NO game and yesterday, I don't know of we can afford to let him walk.

At that point none of us was ready to break the bank on Hardy. Like C.J he started off slowly and then eventually exploded, it happens all the time in the NFL. He had a good season last season, but consistency pays off and its looking he's going to be consistent for a few more years

Posted

Too bad I haven't been able to update my profile sig in 6 weeks.

Posted

For the record, it's not a matter of not WANTING to pay the man, it's a matter of not being ABLE to pay the man...  We'll just have to see how it pans out, but it sounds like he wants to be here, and i'm sure the FO wants him to be...  So we'll just have to see if they're able to come to a common ground on compensation...

3 people like this

Posted

So, 15 is 30% of the 50 sacks Hardy said he would get this year. So, whatever he asks for, take 30% off Gettleman

No, take 70% off.

2 people like this

Posted

Think GHardy will take the leagues sack record next year, could prolly even beat out LTs year that was before they counted sacks as a stat... Please keep Hardy in a Panther uniform... ~ques Teddy KGB~