• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

So, 15 is 30% of the 50 sacks Hardy said he would get this year. So, whatever he asks for, take 30% off Gettleman

#17 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Those that accuse gettleman of being stingy are junping the gun. He claims to pay players what they are worth. Some act like gettleman wont give out huge contracts. Its been one season and gettleman was stuck with horrific cap position. We'll be out of it soon, and we will see what we really have in DG.

#18 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,139 posts

He said fifteen not fifty. Duh!!!! Anyways I always thought he was talking about the defense as a whole getting fifty. Mission accomplished!!

#19 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,816 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

what i love most about Hardy is he gives praise to everybody around him before himself even with his crazy proclamations before the season.

and did anybody else notice going around to every defensive player on the sidelines after that big stop?

#20 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,808 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

I know it's easy to sit here now and say we shoulda have locked Hardy up early, but DG's plan all along was to have a dominant DL.
He double dipped in the draft, brought in solid rotation guys.

DG must have really not been sold on Hardy at all before the season. Because with all the other pieces, Hardy was going to have his opportunities. He's made the most of them the last few weeks and really has bit us in the ass.

This guy has all the talent in the world and when his head is in it he can be as good as he wants. 5 weeks ago I would have been ok letting him walk. But after the NO game and yesterday, I don't know of we can afford to let him walk.

At that point none of us was ready to break the bank on Hardy. Like C.J he started off slowly and then eventually exploded, it happens all the time in the NFL. He had a good season last season, but consistency pays off and its looking he's going to be consistent for a few more years

#21 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,407 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

Too bad I haven't been able to update my profile sig in 6 weeks.

#22 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

For the record, it's not a matter of not WANTING to pay the man, it's a matter of not being ABLE to pay the man...  We'll just have to see how it pans out, but it sounds like he wants to be here, and i'm sure the FO wants him to be...  So we'll just have to see if they're able to come to a common ground on compensation...

#23 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,071 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

So, 15 is 30% of the 50 sacks Hardy said he would get this year. So, whatever he asks for, take 30% off Gettleman

No, take 70% off.

#24 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,964 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

Think GHardy will take the leagues sack record next year, could prolly even beat out LTs year that was before they counted sacks as a stat... Please keep Hardy in a Panther uniform... ~ques Teddy KGB~

#25 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

At that point none of us was ready to break the bank on Hardy. Like C.J he started off slowly and then eventually exploded, it happens all the time in the NFL. He had a good season last season, but consistency pays off and its looking he's going to be consistent for a few more years

Yeah that's why I said it's easy to sit here now and say that. Like I said up until these last few weeks I was fine with letting him walk.

It's not a talent issue with him, I just didn't know if it would all click. It's awesome that it looks like it has all clicked now but its going to hurt when it comes to negotiating.

#26 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

I like the season Kracken has put together, but we don't need a Sean Gilbert 2.0.

#27 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Have to pay the man at this point. Hes 25 i think and he along with star can solidify this D-Line for a long time. He plays with a huge motor and seems like he would run through a wall for rivera

#28 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,407 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

In a division with 3 good opposing QB's and having a team that depends on pressure from it's front four we can't afford NOT to re-sign Hardy.

It's really that simple. We've seen flashes from Alexander, Addison and Horton, but Hardy is a monster in every facet of the game. He's disciplined and very stout against the run, is hell on QB's and has played as a gunner in punt coverage.

#29 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

Pay the man.  I don't care how we get it done, but we have to.   And he WANTS to be here.  Yeah, he wants to get paid, but this isn't a JP case where the guy is dying to get out of Charlotte.  I think we can lock hardy up long term for a relatively reasonable rate.

#30 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

I read on: http://www.spotrac.c...greg-hardy-370/

Which says we aren't in terrible cap shape for a contract for Hardy. Of we could keep the band together for a few more years...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.