Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers that have Rings

26 posts in this topic

Posted

1) I think there's a difference between college & pro championships. But you are right that some of these guys have played on some big time stages before. It's good to have those Giant vets here, IMO

2) Don't forget the coaching staff.

I didn't want to include the coaching staff because I believe at the end of the day it's on the players to make plays.

Posted

I think sometimes simply being there before....not necessarily having won can matter.  We have a lot of players who have played in conference championships before.  I think that matters.  Those are deep playoff runs.  That is a fairly long list.

Posted

I think sometimes simply being there before....not necessarily having won can matter. We have a lot of players who have played in conference championships before. I think that matters. Those are deep playoff runs. That is a fairly long list.

Outside of Cam going down I think the Smitty injury is going to hurt is the most. We've seen how many big plays he's made in the post season

Posted

Lafell hasnt shown it of late, but he has shown flashes of brilliance in the past. His consistency just, well, sucks. Don't think he's a viable No 2 receiver long term, but for the next month, that really doesn't matter.

Why doesn't matter next month?

Posted

What about......

Ron Rivera.

Posted

Robert Lester is a big time player and a keeper. I know he's a rookie but he came from playing on the big stage almost his entire career. How many players can say they have 3 BCS championships? His play shows it too. That kid will be a difference maker in the playoffs mark my words

1 person likes this

Posted

Doesn't Dominek Hixon have 2 rings?

Posted

And Chase Blackburn?

Posted

He's saying that it doesn't matter because LaFell isn't suddenly going go be replaced by someone else at this point. The Panthers will roll with LaFell regardless.

1 person likes this

Posted

Outside of Cam going down I think the Smitty injury is going to hurt is the most. We've seen how many big plays he's made in the post season

I don't think any injury would even be in the conversation with a Cam injury.

As Rivera said, Cam made some high throws and that was brutal.....but the read, WR and looks were still there against Atl.

89 isn't what he was. If Cam has an "on day" and the D shows up we have a shot against anyone IMO. Cam goes down.....we are done. Zero offense.

If 89 makes it back he will still just be a 50 yard a game type WR

Posted

I don't think any injury would even be in the conversation with a Cam injury.

As Rivera said, Cam made some high throws and that was brutal.....but the read, WR and looks were still there against Atl.

89 isn't what he was. If Cam has an "on day" and the D shows up we have a shot against anyone IMO. Cam goes down.....we are done. Zero offense.

If 89 makes it back he will still just be a 50 yard a game type WR

Thats fair. Funny thing is that you can watch Cam in warmups and tell what kind of day its going to be

Posted

Because we aren't getting any new receivers before Jan 12th.