Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Free Agency?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Im terrified to lose Hardy this season.

That type of talent is rare and we cannot replace that unless we got Clowney.. I think we NEED to pay him as much as he wants. We need him Keek Cam Gano cut lafell. resign gross and wharton if we dont win superbowl

Posted

Im terrified to lose Hardy this season.

That type of talent is rare and we cannot replace that unless we got Clowney.. I think we NEED to pay him as much as he wants. We need him Keek Cam Gano cut lafell. resign gross and wharton if we dont win superbowl

Dude chill. Hardy is not going to walk. We will either give him a long term contract or franchsie tag him. He want be going any where. Besides DG has been dealing with this kind of stuff for years with the Giants. The man has learn from the best and had been the best. DG will get with Hardy and his agent right after the post season and start working on the resigning. Just chill and enjoy the playoffs. Leave it in DG hands. This ain't Hureny we are talking about.

Posted

If Stewart somehow survive, hes gonna be taking a huge pay cut.

Well we need him  and a few others to redo a contract to give us more money to resign our core guys. I believe it will happen. With CJ only having 3 years left on his contract after this season. I could see DG resigning CJ to and extension in tune of 2-3 extra years with maybe about 5 million or so million in up front money to count a less against the cap the next few years until we get out Hurney mess. This could be one way solving a problem about the cap for this off season.

Posted

I could actually see Smitty retiring if we won a SB this year, like Ray Lewis. I'd have no problem with that.

Posted

I could actually see Smitty retiring if we won a SB this year, like Ray Lewis. I'd have no problem with that.

And honestly this could be his last chance at a SB ring as well. You know what will happen next year. So that is why Smith will be playing in 2 weeks. The guy is turning 35 this off season. He hasn't got much more left in him.

Posted

He'd be a hell of an WR Coach that's for sure

Posted

Here's my plan:

Franchise tag: Greg Hardy

Resign (mid-level money): Mike Mitchell, Captain Munnerlyn, Jordan Gross (one-year deal), Graham Gano

Resign (low-level money): Wharton, Ginn, Mikell, Hartsock, Lafell, Derek Anderson, Colin Cole

Tender: Bell (low tender)

Cut: Charles Godfrey (unless he'll take a huge paycut)

Restructure: Charles Johnson, Steve Smith, J.Stewart, Kalil, Olsen

Free agency pickups: Veteran WR, Guard, OT

Posted

Agent89 and Gross will more than likely retire if we do win the SB.

Now, I dont want to predict the future. Im a week to week guy, but say if we win the SB should we bring Hardy back? I've been thinking about this for sometimes now. Does it make sense to give a load of money to Hardy even though he's a hell of a player after we already won the SB?

Posted

Franchising Hardy is a ton if cap space. Franchise tag for DE is very expensive

Posted

My logic for the franchise tag,

I don't think you want to let Hardy even sniff free agency.  If you let him test the market, he's gone.  Franchise him and force him to stay and, if he's smart, he'll work out a long-term deal with us to remove the tag.  Nobody wants to play with a tag and risk getting hurt without a long-term deal in place.