Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDermott to interview for Redskins HC this weekend...

299 posts in this topic

Posted

Amazing. Kicked out of Philly

Panthers give him a chance and he can't wait after the Playoffs?

I thought there was a rule about not interviewing if still playing.

Distractions not needed now.

Posted

This is where allowing a hot coach prospect (not saying McDermott is one)  to interview while their team is in the playoffs only opens the door for multiple interviews, which would surely be a distraction no team would want.

Not true.  The only day an assistant can be interviewed for a HC job (of the teams with the first round bye) is on Sunday.  The NFL sets limits so you will not see interviews again until the week of the Pro Bowl.  So Sean or any other assistant will not be giving a bunch of interviews during the playoffs.

Posted

This. Most Huddlers seem to have missed this. Or else they think an interview takes all day...

No, we don't understand why he is even thinking abiut interviewing with another team when our season is still alive, his focus should solely be on our team and getting us ready. The fact that he is inteviewing during the season also shows he could care less about our success and values his own more. As a player, you grow bonds with your coaches, when they do poo like this, its felt by the players too, make no doubt about it

Posted

The only thing I can say for certain is that this situation can't help the Panthers and does have the capacity for harm.

Posted

I have no problems with him wanting to pursue a HC job, but atleast wait until the dam season is over. You made a commitment to these guys now follow through.

I think it was the Seahwaks DC or OC that said he won't do any interviews till after the season is done.

He may have said it but its being reported that the OC is interviewing in Washington this weekend as well.

Posted

lol it isn't his "day off". It's this weekend. When other teams will be playing. When he should be watching and studying for the teams he could potentially be facing.

If only there were some type of device that could record and play back video...

1 person likes this

Posted

My objective reaction - He would be stupid to even consider that job. Skins are a disaster. Bob the 3rd is developing a reputation as a coach killer. So many defensive starters will be free agents when he takes over. He won't have any 1st round pick(Rams say thank you), so you'll need about 3 years to put together a decent defense. And of course you have to deal with Snyder who has gotten rid of so many coaches in his very short time as owner. May be Sean just wants to increase his stock just by interviewing. That's the only scenario I would understand him interviewing.

My subjective reaction is below

kMb5beL.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

If only there were some type of device that could record and play back video...

I don't believe it, but I also heard there was this magical box you could hook up to this thing called the "interwebz" that showed you actual coaches film of all games on demand.  I know it is a crazy idea and will probably never become a reality.  So if Sean doesn't listen to every thing Pam Oliver says on Fox with her expert analysis, we are probably screwed.

Posted

I wonder if Ginger satisfies the Rooney Rule.

3 people like this

Posted

Don't some teams have rules that they don't allow assistants to interview for other positions until the season is over (playoffs included if applicable)?  I guess the Panthers don't?

I thought it was a league rule, You can't talk to anybody on a playoff team. I guess unless the team lets them? 

I haven't read the whole thread yet so I am sure someone will clarify it.  :)

Posted

Hopefully if he does get it,this defense will be stout anyways.....RR and DG have their hands all over it.

Posted

No, we don't understand why he is even thinking abiut interviewing with another team when our season is still alive, his focus should solely be on our team and getting us ready. The fact that he is inteviewing during the season also shows he could care less about our success and values his own more. As a player, you grow bonds with your coaches, when they do poo like this, its felt by the players too, make no doubt about it

You don't understand why he would interview for a position that is pretty much the dream of every asst coach? Wow.

I wonder how many of the people bitching about this are under the age of 21 and have likely never interviewed for a great opportunity and job...and no, putting in an application at the local fast food restaurant does not count.

Can't believe the amount of over reaction and ignorance in this thread.

1 person likes this