Photo
- - - - -

McDermott to interview for Redskins HC this weekend...

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#136 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Promotion for Wilks and Washington then!

#137 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

The league should not allow a coach that is on a playoff bound team to be interviewed ,or even asked to be interviewed for another coaching position, until his team is no longer in the playoffs

It should also be illegal for the coaches  to be pursuing other interests when they are on the trail of a possible Super Bowl,something that should have their undivided attention. This side attraction could even cause possible disruption among the players themselves.

#138 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,352 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

how is it that I can already know which posters are going to overreact to this kind of news?

oh yea because they overreact about EVERYTHING.

this is literally nothing. I'm concerned that McDermott  won't be here next year though. that is the only concerning thing about these HC interviews.

#139 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,364 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

The team had to grant permission for the interview because the team's season isn't over.

#140 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Rivera interviewed for the HC job after leading the #1 defense into the playoffs after a 1-3 start?

No, he led the defense that started 2-3 and ended up 13-3 with a division crown winning 11 straight.  Yeah, huge difference.  

#141 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Exactly; quick. 

For some reason, I don't think he'd interview for a job on the west coast or mountain region, if one was available. 

that's more than likely the reason Seattle coaches are not interviewing............long way too go.

#142 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well, McD's travel time will be short since the interview is in Charlotte.....

#143 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Playoff teams have the right to deny assistant coaches interviews during the postseason, but if they allow an assistant to interview for one opening they must grant permission for all inquiring teams.

This is where allowing a hot coach prospect (not saying McDermott is one)  to interview while their team is in the playoffs only opens the door for multiple interviews, which would surely be a distraction no team would want.

#144 CajunTuffguy

CajunTuffguy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Honestly, no big deal.  First of all, with a defensive minded head coach, and a former very good D-coord himself, I'm pretty sure Rivera can handle the work that needs to be done today when we're still not even sure who we are going to play.  Secondly, it's in Charlotte, likely will take only a little while so he can get right back to work as soon as it's over.  Lastly, This might even be a day off for the team to help rest up, so he may not even be having a practice today anyway.  Geeze, people make way to much out of little stuff sometimes.

#145 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Amazing. Kicked out of Philly

Panthers give him a chance and he can't wait after the Playoffs?

I thought there was a rule about not interviewing if still playing.

Distractions not needed now.

#146 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

This is where allowing a hot coach prospect (not saying McDermott is one)  to interview while their team is in the playoffs only opens the door for multiple interviews, which would surely be a distraction no team would want.

Not true.  The only day an assistant can be interviewed for a HC job (of the teams with the first round bye) is on Sunday.  The NFL sets limits so you will not see interviews again until the week of the Pro Bowl.  So Sean or any other assistant will not be giving a bunch of interviews during the playoffs.

#147 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

This. Most Huddlers seem to have missed this. Or else they think an interview takes all day...

No, we don't understand why he is even thinking abiut interviewing with another team when our season is still alive, his focus should solely be on our team and getting us ready. The fact that he is inteviewing during the season also shows he could care less about our success and values his own more. As a player, you grow bonds with your coaches, when they do poo like this, its felt by the players too, make no doubt about it

#148 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

The only thing I can say for certain is that this situation can't help the Panthers and does have the capacity for harm.

#149 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have no problems with him wanting to pursue a HC job, but atleast wait until the dam season is over. You made a commitment to these guys now follow through.

I think it was the Seahwaks DC or OC that said he won't do any interviews till after the season is done.

He may have said it but its being reported that the OC is interviewing in Washington this weekend as well.

#150 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,516 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

lol it isn't his "day off". It's this weekend. When other teams will be playing. When he should be watching and studying for the teams he could potentially be facing.

If only there were some type of device that could record and play back video...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.