Photo
- - - - -

McDermott to interview for Redskins HC this weekend...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
298 replies to this topic

#289 Lakelover

Lakelover

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

I think the Panthers should fire McDermott right now and hire the Texas A & M defensive coordinator.

#290 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Snyder only wants a yes man and will want RG Knee to stay in charge like he tried to be with Shanny. Any coach that takes that job is on a short leash and won't make it past 2 years if they don't win immediately.

Because this has been substantiated by fact?

The idea that the owner wants a yes man head coach is absurd. Why would Snyder even hire a GM if he's just going to bypass him to tell the coach what to do? Sure, RG3 has a lot of sway in Washington, because he brings profit to Snyder. Guess what else brings a profit to Snyder? Winning football games.

Shanahan has always been seen as a "diva" head coach, willing to throw people under the bus to advance his own agenda. Just look at his past and how he's handled these situations before.

#291 Phantom

Phantom

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

I think the Skins are an absolute dumpster fire.

Could not have said it better myself.

#292 Lakelover

Lakelover

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

I think calling the Redskins a dumpster fire is a doing a disgrace to a dumpster fire.

#293 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

People need to realize that our HC has been the mastermind behind multiple #1 ranked defenses. Do we really think he can't handle some of the prep on the defensive side of the ball for a day or two?

#294 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

"When McDermott told Panthers coach Ron Rivera and general manager Dave Gettleman about the interview, Gettleman’s advice to McDermott was to be prepared, because he only gets one chance to make a first impression."

Still don't think it's going to take time away from him preparing for opponents?

#295 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash
  • PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Good job by negative goons in here to ignore the post I made about the Seahawks DC interviewing for a HC position this week too after all the boohooing about how the Seahawks are in it to win it.

So what if he's interviewing? Who is he supposed to be preparing for? Every team in the NFC except the Saints? What do you possibly think they do scheme-wise during this week aside from fine-tuning some mental errors?This is a top 3 defense. They understand their Tampa 2 assignments. I'd be annoyed if Shula was hanging out in a mall with teenage girls instead of prepping our stagnating offense, but holy crap the whole purpose for many coaches to be a coordinator in the NFL is to become a head coach. 

If any of you on this board believes that this interview will cost the Panthers a playoff game, then you're a god damn moron.

#296 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

I assume he will prepare for the interview in the same way other people with a job do....by doing so on their own time.

#297 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

"When McDermott told Panthers coach Ron Rivera and general manager Dave Gettleman about the interview, Gettleman’s advice to McDermott was to be prepared, because he only gets one chance to make a first impression."

Still don't think it's going to take time away from him preparing for opponents?

Nope.  Still don't.

This happens on an annual basis.  We're just usually on the other end of the equation.

The teams that it has happened to more regularly over the past several years have, somehow, managed to survive.

#298 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Adam Gase of the Broncos declined to interview until their playoffs are over. Props to him. Football is the ultimate team game and your mind can't possibly be in it for the team when you are focused on major life decisions like this. Not a fan of this move at all by McD.

#299 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Both coordinators of the Seahawks are interviwing with the Vikings this weekend. It is Bevell's second this week.