Photo
- - - - -

McDermott to interview for Redskins HC this weekend...

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#91 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Sorry if I overreacted....I have been talked down off the ledge and do see the other side of the coin now.Just let this play out and see what happens..if he does leave I wish him success and not a "Chud" ending.I guess that guy just left me a little bitter and didn't care for his "all me" attitude.I know MCD seems like a team player,so my bad.

#92 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,509 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

I don't this at all. I thought there was a rule about teams having to wait to contact coordinators until the teams season had actually ended.

#93 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

dream or not but how can you tell the team to stay focused the next 2 weeks when you are clearly not.  Practice what you preach brother.

#94 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

I don't this at all. I thought there was a rule about teams having to wait to contact coordinators until the teams season had actually ended.

It's the playoffs, and there's a bye week. 

#95 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,007 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

During the Season
  • Teams may not interview assistants from another team for either a lateral move or a head coaching opportunity during the season. The lone exception to this rule comes when teams want to interview assistants for head coaching jobs while the current team is in the playoffs. As there is an urgency to hire new head coaches for some non-playoff teams, the NFL does allow teams to request permission to interview a postseason participant's assistants during the wild card week for teams who have the bye that week. They can also request permission to do so during the first week of Super Bowl preparations as long as there is a two-week break between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. The team only has one chance to talk to the assistant coach, once permission is granted, before the coach's team is eliminated from the playoffs.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz2p5EwR5jA

#96 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Wow an internet debate actually changed someone's mind. Never thought I would see the day.

#97 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

The players don't even come in until tomorrow, chill out, dunces.

#98 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

fug S.D. don't need this on our players minds going into a big playoff game.

#99 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

@josephperson: #Redskins will interview #Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott for head-coaching job this weekend in Charlotte, per league source.

@josephperson: I'm told McDermott will be selective in what jobs he interviews for. So he must feel like 'Skins are potentially a good fit.

Thoughts....?

Olivia Munn can get fuged, hard

#100 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,509 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

It's the playoffs, and there's a bye week. 

During the Season

• Teams may not interview assistants from another team for either a lateral move or a head coaching opportunity during the season. The lone exception to this rule comes when teams want to interview assistants for head coaching jobs while the current team is in the playoffs. As there is an urgency to hire new head coaches for some non-playoff teams, the NFL does allow teams to request permission to interview a postseason participant's assistants during the wild card week for teams who have the bye that week. They can also request permission to do so during the first week of Super Bowl preparations as long as there is a two-week break between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. The team only has one chance to talk to the assistant coach, once permission is granted, before the coach's team is eliminated from the playoffs.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz2p5EwR5jA

Nice loophole. Still don't like it. There's no reason it couldn't wait a few more weeks.

#101 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

The worst part is after the interview he's gonna drive around and fug all our sisters.

#102 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Nice loophole. Still don't like it. There's no reason it couldn't wait a few more weeks.

It is what it is (shrugs). Life is full of changes. 

McDermott's a professional. This is not his first rodeo. 

I expect him give his all to the Panthers

#103 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

The team isn't off this weekend. Most especially the coaches. That's already been stated. He's missing preparation time to advance his personal career in the midst of a Super Bowl run. That's a fact.

Shut up and accept it.

#104 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,007 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well I suppose the Panthers org could have denied he request, but I really don't see why. I think people are making way too much out of this...

These guys, the players and the coaches, are professionals.  Sure, McDermott has to keep focused on his job, why not... but he also got into coaching as a profession and it's his livelihood.  He'd be a fool to turn down an interview like this.

I suspect if you asked the players they'd say exactly the same.  They know he can do an interview and still do his job.

Does anyone seriously think that GHardy isn't already thinking about the money he's going to make next season, whether it's with the Panthers or not?  Sheeet... I would be.  Doesn't mean he won't be ready next week.

#105 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,835 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

I think him interviewing now, instead of prepping for the playoffs is wrong.

cause his long trip up to D.C. will certainly take longer than one day, while the team isn't practicing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com