Photo
- - - - -

MSNBC/Romney Grandson Situation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#13 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Of course you could.  Those people are the epitome of ignorant.  Not sure how that is a defense to this or how their sad existence contradicts my post though.

Also, I believe Lou Dobbs was let go for birther comments though, yes?  Not sure what other reporters were pushing this or what their repercussions were.

Not a defense or an excuse as much as a correlation. But as a comparison, who is held to a higher standard? Does the reporter take a beating for saying such a thing and a politician simply gets skewered by the opposing party? 

If Lou Dobbs was canned over "birther" comments (honestly don't know if he was), what were, or should have been, the repercussions for those elected officials sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution?

Not disagreeing with your thought at all here, simply pointing out the wide variety of standards and the seemingly haphazard way in which they are applied.

#14 Goondal

Goondal

The Goon

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Not a defense or an excuse as much as a correlation. But as a comparison, who is held to a higher standard? Does the reporter take a beating for saying such a thing and a politician simply gets skewered by the opposing party? 

If Lou Dobbs was canned over "birther" comments (honestly don't know if he was), what were, or should have been, the repercussions for those elected officials sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution?

Not disagreeing with your thought at all here, simply pointing out the wide variety of standards and the seemingly haphazard way in which they are applied.

I think that the difference between the reporter and the politician is who they are held accountable by.  The reporter has to answer to their company and to sponsors, both of which are concerned about money.  Any boycott costs them cash and therefore make the reporter less valuable to them.

In the politician's case they answer to the people.  Unfortunately in the environment that we live in making absurd comments can actually attract donors and supporters if you are campaigning in the right district.  They hate the other side so much that anybody who seems to hate them as well is someone that they want to support.  To be honest, while many (probably most) of the birthers were racists, all were not.  Some just hated the policies of Obama and the Democrats so much that they will latch on to anything that might damage him/them and are blinded to how ridiculous they sound.

#15 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Stupid.

#16 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Dobbs' situation was weird.  He was basically fired but he made it sound like he was stepping down to run for President, lol.  I think by a lot of accounts it wasn't a real firing, as he did resign, and he was pressured into resigning because he refused to stop talking about crazy illegal immigration/birther conspiracy theories.

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

She definitely crossed the line and I'm wondering why no one said anything at the that moment.

But here comes MH to the rescue... "should be fired..." Just like Megyn Kelly was right?

If everyone who said something stupid on the job was fired the unemployment rate in this country would be 75% and MadHatter would spend his entire life unemployed.

Well that New Years resolution of becoming more intelligent and not saying stupid poo that you made has already been broken. Different year...and you are still the same ignorant ass.

#18 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Soooo.... double standard... we meet again

The continued saga of letting race solely define one's self continues strong in 2014

#19 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Did the Romney's get offended?

Just thought I would post this.

#20 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Did the Romney's get offended?

I doubt they care in the slightest.  If anything, a politician would enjoy the attention and play something like this would get.

What is shitty is how the rest of the panel yucked it up without reservation while anyone else that would say something like this would get hammered in the media from all sides.  The sliding scale of moral relativism is continually on full display for anyone with eyes to see

#21 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Well, this was MSNBC so nobody saw it.

#22 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

I guess that makes it okay then.  If only the fairness doctrine would make this right

#23 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

No, but I also don't everything thing piss me off either.

#24 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

No, but I also don't everything thing piss me off either.

That might change if the motive behind everything you say and do is questioned because of nothing more than your race