• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,525 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Dobbs' situation was weird.  He was basically fired but he made it sound like he was stepping down to run for President, lol.  I think by a lot of accounts it wasn't a real firing, as he did resign, and he was pressured into resigning because he refused to stop talking about crazy illegal immigration/birther conspiracy theories.

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

She definitely crossed the line and I'm wondering why no one said anything at the that moment.

But here comes MH to the rescue... "should be fired..." Just like Megyn Kelly was right?

If everyone who said something stupid on the job was fired the unemployment rate in this country would be 75% and MadHatter would spend his entire life unemployed.

Well that New Years resolution of becoming more intelligent and not saying stupid poo that you made has already been broken. Different year...and you are still the same ignorant ass.

#18 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Soooo.... double standard... we meet again

The continued saga of letting race solely define one's self continues strong in 2014

#19 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Did the Romney's get offended?

Just thought I would post this.

#20 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Did the Romney's get offended?

I doubt they care in the slightest.  If anything, a politician would enjoy the attention and play something like this would get.

What is shitty is how the rest of the panel yucked it up without reservation while anyone else that would say something like this would get hammered in the media from all sides.  The sliding scale of moral relativism is continually on full display for anyone with eyes to see

#21 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Well, this was MSNBC so nobody saw it.

#22 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

I guess that makes it okay then.  If only the fairness doctrine would make this right

#23 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

No, but I also don't everything thing piss me off either.

#24 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

No, but I also don't everything thing piss me off either.

That might change if the motive behind everything you say and do is questioned because of nothing more than your race

#25 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Well that New Years resolution of becoming more intelligent and not saying stupid poo that you made has already been broken. Different year...and you are still the same ignorant ass.

lol... yet you still find a way to make me so valuable and worthy of your time.

You still continue with the insults instead of working with facts. But that's the norm for the conservative Tea Partiers.

I'm amused. But continue, this is getting more fun every post you attempt.  

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Wait til Friday, then he calls you gay

#27 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,879 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

I think publicity of the remarks is fine and the effects it has on the show (20k viewers, haha) could diminish even more.  Same with anyone making dumb remarks on other channels or TV shows.

What I am not crazy about from either side is the gotcha, now you lose your job scenarios.  I think many folks say stupid crap but not sure they should always lose their jobs over it.  MSNBC is there to make fun and run down anything from the GOP.  Same with Rush who makes a living running down Dems.  Government officials is another story, would love to help them all out of office.

#28 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

What I am not crazy about from either side is the gotcha, now you lose your job scenarios.  I think many folks say stupid crap but not sure they should always lose their jobs over it.  MSNBC is there to make fun and run down anything from the GOP.  Same with Rush who makes a living running down Dems.  Government officials is another story, would love to help them all out of office.

This.

As long as the widely accepted behavior of both MSNBC and Fox News is to take shots at the other guy, the I say let 'em go at it, who cares. Does the "mainstream" media even pick up on and report on the vast amounts of stupid crap both networks spew? I don't think so, therefore I would also tend to think it's all pretty harmless.

Both networks tend to reach out and grab the fringes of their respective parties- usually the most fervent, radical and obsessed- while the rest of us understand these particular networks are nothing more than propaganda machines. 

#29 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,879 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

I would not equate Fox and MSNBC however.  I think MSNBC has about 90% political hacks, whereas Fox is about 40%.  Hannity is the worst on Fox.

Also, a real baby is a bit different than a jolly old mythical character as far as offensive remarks but again, would not fire em.

#30 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

I would not equate Fox and MSNBC however.  I think MSNBC has about 90% political hacks, whereas Fox is about 40%.  Hannity is the worst on Fox.

Also, a real baby is a bit different than a jolly old mythical character as far as offensive remarks but again, would not fire em.

I watch neither and would hate to think I'd select a preferred network based on the perceived number of political hacks either employs, know what I mean?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com