52 replies to this topic

#31 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,980 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

I watch neither and would hate to think I'd select a preferred network based on the perceived number of political hacks either employs, know what I mean?

Could have sworn you had multiple opinions on here about Fox News, but you don't even watch?  So your opinion originates.....

#32 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,714 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

Could have sworn you had multiple opinions on here about Fox News, but you don't even watch?  So your opinion originates.....

My opinion about Fox News is this: it could very well change it's name to the Anti-Obama network. My opinion on MSNBC is that it caters to the very liberal arm of the Democratic Party and rarely piques my interest.

Bottom line, as I said, they're both shills for the more radical reaches of each party.

No, I do not watch either although I have in the past, albeit 4-5 years ago.

#33 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Isn't this the kind of stuff Jon Stewart does on a daily basis?

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,000 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Wait til Friday, then he calls you gay

Never thought you were gay...only incredibly stupid.

#35 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

I watch neither and would hate to think I'd select a preferred network based on the perceived number of political hacks either employs, know what I mean?

Good luck finding any network....

#36 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

I've said it once, I will say it again... All of cable news is a huge contributor to the decline of our country.

I haven't turned it on in 4 years and I am much better off for it.

#37 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

I've said it once, I will say it again... All of cable news is a huge contributor to the decline of our country.

I haven't turned it on in 4 years and I am much better off for it.

You preferred getting your news from the likes of Dan Rather?

#38 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

I read news from the AP and Reuters wires. UPI.com, NY Times and LA Times.

Reading eliminates the voice inflections and other subconscious personality traits a newscaster will undoubtedly insert while reading a teleprompter. 

#39 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

I read news from the AP and Reuters wires. UPI.com, NY Times and LA Times.

Reading eliminates the voice inflections and other subconscious personality traits a newscaster will undoubtedly insert while reading a teleprompter. 

You want me to highlight some blatant biases from the AP and especially Reuters?

#40 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

You want me to highlight some blatant biases from the AP and especially Reuters?

Virtually none are without biases... you said it yourself. That's why a variety is usually a good thing. But I understand your consternation as none of these are considered conservative propaganda machines and therefore don't fulfill your needs.

#41 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

Virtually none are without biases... you said it yourself. That's why a variety is usually a good thing. But I understand your consternation as none of these are considered conservative propaganda machines and therefore don't fulfill your needs.

Right...

I've mentioned the only thing I regularly try to listen to is The Five on Fox.  Wish I could stay up to watch Red Eye, but I can't.  Everything else is a mash of NPR, MSNBC, FOX, CSpan, etc....that can be found on Sirius. 

#42 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

Fox is an op-ed network, just as MSNBC, which is why I stopped watching or listening to both a few years back. Somewhere, buried amongst all the editorial, amongst all the political bias and network agenda are some facts... then you have to figure out context. Ughhh, just give me the facts and I'll research the rest, go elsewhere and read it from several angles.

#43 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

If Ted Cruz gains any momentum, heaven forbid,expect the same thing from the left

Maybe because he was, um, actually born in a foreign country and still has citizenship there?

BUT OBUMMER WAS TOO DID YOU SEE THE LADY WHO GOT HIS CERTIFICATE DIED MYSTERIOUSLY???1!!!!

#44 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,980 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Maybe because he was, um, actually born in a foreign country and still has citizenship there?

BUT OBUMMER WAS TOO DID YOU SEE THE LADY WHO GOT HIS CERTIFICATE DIED MYSTERIOUSLY???1!!!!

A Ted Cruz birther appears, see, it's starting already

#45 GWBNostrils

GWBNostrils

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

birther (plural birthers)

1. (slang, pejorative, US politics) A believer in one or more conspiracy theories

There is no conspiracy when it comes to Rafael Cruz's country of birth. It's Canada. therefore Delhommey can not be a birther. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com