Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

5 minutes till tickets go on sale....

142 posts in this topic

Again, this isn't going to personally affect me either way. I don't live in the area. I still think price gouging is wrong. I also said we could agree to disagree... but then got called a name for how I felt about it.

and lord knows, I wish I were still a kid. Maybe then my knees wouldn't creak so much.

I wasn't directing that to you personally, more just to anyone complaining.  

I don't like the gouging, but I don't think it's "wrong" to sell an investment for a profit if the market demands it.  Going to the game is a luxury that only 73,000 people get to experience.  

I feel ya about the knees....mine too.  

1 person likes this

That was pretty uncalled for MadHatter.

1 person likes this

I sold my tickets today.  Lower level behind the field goal 9 rows up.  114 I believe it was sold them for 350 a ticket, so 700 bucks.  Not a huge profit.  Like a few have said we still have to pay full price for pre season tickets, that we usually can only sell for half the price.  I live in New Mexico so I can usually only attend 2-3 home games then travel to a few games to support my team.  I usually make sure the person is a panther fan and sell them to friends or friends of friends in the Carolinas.  I just want the people that yell about ticket prices now were yelling about how cheap they were a few years ago when people couldn't even give them away.  We have to buy them every year as an owner no matter if we're good or bad.  Just my two cents.  I believe I sold mine at a reasonable price.  However......everyone with panther nation remember to KEEP POUNDING!!!!!

1 person likes this

I sold my tickets today.  Lower level behind the field goal 9 rows up.  114 I believe it was sold them for 350 a ticket, so 700 bucks.  Not a huge profit.  Like a few have said we still have to pay full price for pre season tickets, that we usually can only sell for half the price.  I live in New Mexico so I can usually only attend 2-3 home games then travel to a few games to support my team.  I usually make sure the person is a panther fan and sell them to friends or friends of friends in the Carolinas.  I just want the people that yell about ticket prices now were yelling about how cheap they were a few years ago when people couldn't even give them away.  We have to buy them every year as an owner no matter if we're good or bad.  Just my two cents.  I believe I sold mine at a reasonable price.  However......everyone with panther nation remember to KEEP POUNDING!!!!!

New Mexico, eh?  A two day drive to Seattle for the NFCC game if not here in Charlotte.  You best be there sir! ;)

I don't have PSL's, but have had 4 good seats for the SECC game in Atlanta every year since 1995, and sell at least two of them for big profit each year, pays for the complete renewal the following year, and pocket some $$$.  Sold all four this year for $1400, nearly cleared $1000.  Free enterprise baby.

Oh, and even though I got a pair of tix today, I do wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that.....

TICKETMASTER SUCKS BALLS!!!!!!

Agreed on all acounts, especially the Ticketmaster part.

I do the exact same thing with my State football and basketball tickets. We pay yearly WPC dues and Lifetime Rights Fees in addition to the ticket cost.

I (and these PSL owners) are never actually making money on selling these big game tickets.

Gouging the hell out of ECU fans for their Super Bowl this year helped just a little with how bad we sucked.

Again, this isn't going to personally affect me either way. I don't live in the area. I still think price gouging is wrong. I also said we could agree to disagree...

This is not price gouging. You are using the term incorrectly.

This is not price gouging. You are using the term incorrectly.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/price+gouging?s=t

Pricing above market price when no alternative retailer is available. It's the same main gist, but you are correct. It's not exactly price gouging, but when you add in that if certain groups go into the original sale with the exclusive idea to mark up the price due to lack of supply, that's pretty close. You could also allow for collusion and collusion by proxy, in that if one person sees a bunch of people setting it at an exorbitant price, they should also only offer it for a rough equivalent of that price. Yes, the market does dictate the price, but ethics should also be taken into account is my main argument here.

But, I don't expect anyone to understand or agree. I also won't initially mock you or call you names if you don't.

Ok, I'm done. I've said my piece. Even were I to live in the area, there's no way in hell I would spend that much on a ticket. I love my team, but I don't condone it or support the high prices. I also would never buy a pricey luxury car too, but what do I know? I'm an accountant at heart, and the cost doesn't justify the reward to me.

Any Season Ticket owner who payed for their seats in 2010 when JR bent over every Panther fan there is when he put that ish on the field should be able to do with their tickets today whatever the hell they want to with them.

Don't like it, stay off stub hub.

omg, you are so insightful Mad Splatter. Right you are, I live in a trailer, have rabbit ears on my TV, and have no concept of business. However did you guess so well???

You must be psychotic or something!

And no, I won't just STFU... it's my right to state whatever it is I feel like stating, provided it's within the rules of this forum. Which, might I add, you just currently broke. Have a nice New Year... really.

Ohhh you really got me there.

Now run along and play with the other kids.

Dumb question...is there anyway any tickets go back to Ticket Master? Or is it all StubHub, EBay, Craigslist from here on out?

Dumb question...is there anyway any tickets go back to Ticket Master? Or is it all StubHub, EBay, Craigslist from here on out?

It is secondary markets from here on out fir the Div Game.

If we get the NFCC game, there will be some on sale for that game.

Ok, thanks. My fiancé and I tried at 10, but no luck. Felt the need to keep checking just in case they magically appeared.