Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

5 minutes till tickets go on sale....

142 posts in this topic

I got home from the gym to find out my wife got three tickets.

Damn nice surprise

TAKE ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS WITH CRAIGSLIST!!! The ticket section in Charlotte Craigslist is infested with scammers. Unless you can get references on the seller, do NOT buy a printed ticket or deal with emailed tickets. Only go with the hard tickets and even then get them checked out ahead of time.

TRUST ME ON THIS! I CAN PROMISE YOU THERE ARE SCAM LISTINGS ON CRAIGSLIST RIGHT NOW!

Agree 100%.

If you are buying a hard ticket, have them meet you downtown at the ticket office. They can validate the authenticity for you.

law only applies to college athletics. You can sell professional tickets for any price you want.

as someone else mentioned, I believe the law also does not apply to internet sales. I definitely saw a dude get arrested and/or fined trying to scalp tickets to a UNC Charlotte football game this fall and heard the cop explaining the law to him.

Your statement about scalping only applying to college athletics is categorically wrong...not sure where you heard that.

As others said , internet sales are not subject to the same scalping laws. But I assure you that if you tried to sell you ticket in front if the stadium for a profit (to an undercover cop) they absolutely would bust you.

Those seats are likely unwed by a psl owner...not a scalper. And, supply and demand will dictate their value. He has something that others will pay big dollar for...yet you hate him because you don't have them.

Hilarious

Hilarious? you truly are as big of a dipstick as everyone says you are. I have no horse in this race, as I'm in Tampa and wouldn't be able to make the game anyways. It's not jealousy, it's revulsion that anyone would take advantage of their situation like that. The tickets are overpriced, obviously not as much as some on here have found, but still it's wrong.

Obviously our ideology is very different. I'll be watching on the television regardless, but nice try at making me out to be some infant throwing a tantrum in a pique. I find it disgusting, you find it what? Smart? Good old supply and demand economics? Good for you. We can agree to disagree, but don't try and make me out to be something I'm not.

Those seats are likely owned by a psl owner...not a scalper. And, supply and demand will dictate their value. He has something that others will pay big dollar for...yet you hate him because you don't have them.

Hilarious

I have tickets in that same general area (the A section) and I know exactly what that guy in section 132 pays for his tickets and it's a lot - sickeningly a lot.  He pays that much when the game is lousy and when the game is good.  I really can't blame him for wanting to recoup some of his costs.  As so many are quick to point out - he can sit on his couch at home and enjoy the game just as much.  I've sold my tickets before to a big game for a big payout and turned around and bought more in a less expensive section to the same game.  It hurts to get that huge bill every year and sometimes it's the only way you can afford to do it. That being said - I wouldn't give up my PSLs for anything.  I am lucky to have gotten in at the beginning and to have had my name drawn for the seats I have.

2 people like this

Hilarious? you truly are as big of a dipstick as everyone says you are. I have no horse in this race, as I'm in Tampa and wouldn't be able to make the game anyways. It's not jealousy, it's revulsion that anyone would take advantage of their situation like that. The tickets are overpriced, obviously not as much as some on here have found, but still it's wrong.

Obviously our ideology is very different. I'll be watching on the television regardless, but nice try at making me out to be some infant throwing a tantrum in a pique. I find it disgusting, you find it what? Smart? Good old supply and demand economics? Good for you. We can agree to disagree, but don't try and make me out to be something I'm not.

You seem to be missing some basic concepts. You should listen to hatter.

;)

PSL investors helped build our stadium, they have a right to get back some of the money they spend. For every $200 playoff ticket they sell there are 10 preseason games they couldn't sell. Not to mention those $30 Tampa Bay games or $5 Jimmy Clausen games.

1 person likes this

Good luck everyone. Hope to see many of you at the huddle tailgate and at the game

I will be buying mine tonight off the resale market. where is the huddle tailgate and when does it start? i would love to come meet some of you guys

Apparently you do have a horse on this race, because you made the post bitching about someone selling his ticket for market value.

You are another asshole bitching about what someone sells their tickets for. How dare he sell his ticket for what the market will dictate the price to be.

News flash for you...the seller does not set market value. The buyer does. So you think that someone should not sell an asset they own for what the market will beat.

So, I guess by your logic...if you bought a stock today for $100 and had the value if the stock triple next week to $300....that you would not sell for $300 because it us greedy and disgusting.

With a financial strategy like yours, maybe we now know why you will be sitting at home in your trailer watching your 37 inch tv with rabbit ears.

So, just STFU.

1 person likes this

I will be buying mine tonight off the resale market. where is the huddle tailgate and when does it start? i would love to come meet some of you guys

Mush will start a thread on the tg in the coming days. We gave it in the parking lot on 3rd street between Tryon and Church.

More to come