Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

Preaching to the choir

#12 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

LaFell was drafted because of his run blocking skills.  Not because of his hands.  They didn't call him "LaDrops" at LSU for no reason.  

#13 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

All this number 3 talk. Don't bet your life on it.

#14 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Someone needs to call him out, i think his ship has sailed. He's been outplayed by Ginn and hixon the last two games, he's been also running horrible routes as well. I wanted him to pan but we can find better easily time for hixon and mcnutt to get an increase role before this dude causes us a game.

David Newton just did.

#15 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• LocationGeorgia
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

yeah lafell isn't needed anymore if he can't play as the 2wr , ginn has pretty much locked down the 3wr spot and if we draft a guy i would hope he would get the 1wr spot with smith in the slot. And with the effort he's put in the last couple games i think he sealed his fate, then we have guys like mcnutt and king waiting to get a shot.

and even if that falls through you can get a better receiver in FA's

lafell's done

#16 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

LaFell is who he is; not a great receiver, good at times, average most of the time, but an excellent blocker.

Nothing that deserves a big money contract.

Probably $2 million per year at the most.  If he thinks he deserves more, let him walk.

#17 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationInterwebz
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

David Newton is a wonderful change of pace from the media attention we've had for years. Someone should start a fan page!!!

McNutt's "almost catch" was ridiculously exciting. We really need that effort and skill.

#18 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Someone needs to call him out, i think his ship has sailed. He's been outplayed by Ginn and hixon the last two games, he's been also running horrible routes as well. I wanted him to pan but we can find better easily time for hixon and mcnutt to get an increase role before this dude causes us a game.

That downfield throw by Cam in the late 4th quarter against the Falcons when we needed a critical 1st down that went right off Lafell's fingertips because Lafell loafed on his pattern still pisses me off.  

#19 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Jacoby Jones of the Ravens is playing with a 2 year 6 million dollar contract. That is what I'd offer LaFell. It's also along the lines of what James Jones is making. Jones obviously caught more balls in the packers offense but if LaFell really is as good a blocker as Rivera says then id keep him around...unless DG sees a WR in the draft who can excel at both receiving and blocking.

A guy like Kelvin Benjamin or Mike Evans comes to mind.

#20 chris999

chris999

• LocationFlorida
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

We need a big tall WR threat for our WR1, Smith as WR2 to make plays against sub-par DBs, and I like Ginn as WR3 and deep threat to roll coverage off of the other guys. Newton showed us in 2011 that if we gave him some shiny targets he could really make some incredible plays in the passing game. 

We have needed an impact WR1 for at least a decade now, and we need to finally make it happen. I shudder to think what Cam could do with a young AJ Green, Jimmy Graham or Brandon Marshall type of guy to turn his sometimes high throws into an asset and give us favorable matchups in the redzone. It would also put Smith in the right place where he can outjuke lesser DBs and make plays in open space that has always made him so dangerous, and Ginn as a deep threat to roll back the safeties that will improve our run game and offensive balance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users