Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scrap the Offensive Play book

132 posts in this topic

Posted

Yea riverboat is pretty clever but he isn't calling the plays, shula is. Zodiac said it when he talked about how bland shula calling was and I hate to admit it but he was right

I believe we will see more of what we saw last week with newton taking more shots deep down the middle of the field (run n gun style), I also believe we will see Newton take off more on 1st and 2nd down to open up the deep passing game. I believe we saw new plays last week and we will more big plays in the playoffs than we did on an average regular season game. Ron is smart..smart young man he is and I have taken notice. He is the type to keep his joker cards hidden as long as possible....but thats just from my observations due to his massive change in character calls this year.

Posted

Got more post than you and been around here longer than you so you are the troll and poor thing you want to be fed

What is your first language?

Posted

Different than yours obviously because I don't speak homo.

What is your first language?

Posted

Why?

Most important - no huddle our O operates the best

Simple things

Stop the dumb ass play calls. Who calls a QB sneak with 8 yards to gain? TWICE.  2 yards, lets pitch it instead of having Cam or Tolbert bulldoze to get it

Run Tolbert more

Stop targeting Lafell lol

Cam bring the ball down some more and dont rush

Receivers catch the damn ball

I think I covered our offensive woes

Posted

Our offense has become pretty predictable but I'm not sure there's much we can do about it at this point.

sure there is... have Hartsock on the field for a passing play once.

on second thought, we may get sucked into a black hole if that happened

Posted

As Steve Smith sqid, if you are a vet then you have run every route there is. So changing plays isn't all that difficult. And other coaches say vets only need a week to learn new wrinkles. Every player has been to college so that means they ar e smarter than most of you guys here so don't give them a pass.

You mean the offense could learn a new set of plays every week depending on opponent? Holy damn! This will revolutionize the league.

Posted

I'm fine with our playcalling if we go against Philly or GB.  If we can execute these teams have subpar defenses, and against poor defenses our playcalling has proven that it will EAT clock.  Keep their O off the field and have a fresh DL ready to eat them alive when they get on.

Posted

"We've run the ball all year to get us to 12-4, but in the playoffs let's have Jake throw it 50 times. The Cardinals will never see it coming."

4 people like this

Posted

Plays are a variation of routes. Green Bay did it that year they went to sb and so did the Saints. In fact you're acting like that's the dumbest idea, he'll fox had a play off playbook each year we went so you think your 8th grade witted comments hold weight.

You mean the offense could learn a new set of plays every week depending on opponent? Holy damn! This will revolutionize the league.

Posted

Got more post than you and been around here longer than you so you are the troll and poor thing you want to be fed

Sweet... I can win every argument just by posting.

1 person likes this

Posted

Plays are a variation of routes. Green Bay did it that year they went to sb and so did the Saints. In fact you're acting like that's the dumbest idea, he'll fox had a play off playbook each year we went so you think your 8th grade witted comments hold weight.

You mean it's normal for playbooks to be changed depending on weekly situation and therefore saying something like "scrap the season's playbook" would be a moronic thing to say since the playbook essentially gets scrapped after every game?

I don't know how to process this information.

Posted

In the playoffs young wise one you can process the information better I'd youd,stop trying to out do yourself

You mean it's normal for playbooks to be changed depending on weekly situation and therefore saying something like "scrap the season's playbook" would be a moronic thing to say since the playbook essentially gets scrapped after every game?

I don't know how to process this information.