#121 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,793 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

if the panthers had communicated with extraterrestrial life and traded them the town of kenansville for some bionic alien technology that would've assisted byron bell in playing more effectively than a ken doll then the panthers would have won. the fact that the panthers didn't win is literally proof that my idea was good. now who wants to fight me in real life you keyboard sissies

#122 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

if only the jaguars or texans would have scrapped their playbooks

#123 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Don't Hate Me Because I sway away from the masses

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

No quick slants, or crossing routes, no digs, no 4 wide sets, no trip sets, no Ginn reverses, nothing.  It would have been nice to Ginn in the backfield with D in the shot gun set, but no, keep everything the same. So you can say what you like, but if you do the same things, teams will adapt.  SF went into the Patriots offensive playbook and used some tweaks against us. You can say what you will but everyone knows that in the playoffs you switch it up. 

If Seattle calling Peyton plays as he was switching it up wasn't some sort of indication, then youu are stuck eating the poo pop.

a lot of nfl fans throw out suggestions like this, as if "scrapping the playbook" is some magic wand you can wave that will turn you into the broncos or something.

fact is our 11 on offense were at a near complete position by position disadvantage to the 49ers' 11 on defense.  our skill positions were a poor match up across the board against them and no amount of tinkering with the playbook would have changed that.  none of our wide receivers were particularly good deep threats at that point-ginn was probably tops in that area and that about says it all.  olsen had the most consistent hands by far but he's not really a big play threat.  our offensive line couldn't be trusted to hold up long enough for the deep routes to develop.  they also couldn't run block so the biggest running threat we had was cam which entails risking the franchise on every attempt.

so we did what had won us 12 games: dinking and dunking to compensate for the skill position problems and hoping for a big special teams play (which coincidentally is what helped set up our only touchdown) or for the defense to gift wrap us favorable field position.

#124 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,793 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

offensive line is bottom ten in the leaegue => GO FOUR WIDE!!!!!!!!!!

thanks thunderkatt

#125 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

what's more let's run laterally against them

they don't have freakish speed at linebacker or anything right

#126 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,793 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

honestly i want to know why we didn't call more touchdowns

#127 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

we have the same talent if not more than Seattle as far as weapons, keep on so you can have confidence that the playbook was the right one

#128 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

where is this well of talent that exists on our roster that's being buried by our playbook?  is it a coincidence that most neutral observers think we need a wide receiver or offensive line help?  were you one of those people who thought armanti would light it up if we'd give him enough snaps too?

the seahawks aren't broncos stacked on offense but we aren't close to as good or better than them.  tate or baldwin would instantly start over lafell if not move steve smith to the slot and harvin is a bigger all around threat than any offensive player on our roster outside of cam.  they also get a lot more production out of lynch than we got out of either of our backs.

our best deep threat is a guy with track speed and stone hands, our number one receiver is going to be 35 this year, and our number two is brandon lafell who is typically good for at least one horrible drop or tipped pass at the worst possible time every week.  i mean i'm by no means bursting with confidence in shula but you can't chuck the ball all over the field and run a bunch of gadget poo with that corps.  we went all in on defense in free agency and the draft and we were rewarded with a good season but the 49ers were a horrible mismatch for our offense.

#129 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,793 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

barrrr harrrr u r just a moran as u can c we lossed so u r rong

#130 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

The Broncos had the #1 ranked offense and they lost big time, so you are just spewing juju.

barrrr harrrr u r just a moran as u can c we lossed so u r rong

#131 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,104 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

hey op just fyi-

the fact that you suggested something and the panthers didn't do it and what they actually did do happened to fail doesn't mean your original idea wasn't stupid as poo

Exactly.

I thought the Patriots should have benched Brady and they would have won the SB. They lost in the playoffs, so that proves that Brady us terrible and should be cut.

#132 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

The only difference between what I said and you is your dry humor. As long as you get the poo and giggles from what you say cool but if you don't laugh at your own jokes then it's not funny.

Exactly.

I thought the Patriots should have benched Brady and they would have won the SB. They lost in the playoffs, so that proves that Brady us terrible and should be cut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.