Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I never want to hear Panther fans referred to as lightweight or fairweather again

55 posts in this topic

Posted

have you seen what the temperature is supposed to be at game time there? i'm seeing a high of 4 degrees, and that ain't celcius. the low is 17 below. not surprising that people are slow in buying those tickets, esp compared to us to whom this whole playoff thing isn't something that we are used to. it's rare that the packers don't go.

Posted

Cincy is nothing new. Giants, Jets, Dallas, Seattle, and Green Bay are all consistently filling their stadiums. I believe the problem lies with teams who have always had problems.

Even the Steelers had quite a few games this year where there were large swaths of empty seats. It's a league wide issue that's giving the NFL fits.

Posted

panther fans are lightweight (fairweather) fans

1 person likes this

Posted

Has to do with big flat screen TV's and all the crazy cameras they use at games now for every angle, imo.

Well, there's that and then there's cost and inconvenience. Is dad going to shell out $300-400 to take the family to nosebleed seats, fight traffic, and battle bathroom lines and drunks or is he going to sit in a comfortable chair in a heated house with the beer of his choosing for pocket change?

2 people like this

Posted

have you seen what the temperature is supposed to be at game time there? i'm seeing a high of 4 degrees, and that ain't celcius. the low is 17 below. not surprising that people are slow in buying those tickets, esp compared to us to whom this whole playoff thing isn't something that we are used to. it's rare that the packers don't go.

frozen-man-crop.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

The point is our game sold out in minutes. Let's not act like Charlotte is the only stadium with PSLs and corporate support; this is the norm now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, there's that and then there's cost and inconvenience. Is dad going to shell out $300-400 to take the family to nosebleed seats, fight traffic, and battle bathroom lines and drunks or is he going to sit in a comfortable chair in a heated house with the beer of his choosing for pocket change?

Exactly, but that has always been the case for decades. The thing that is different as of late is that everyone's home theater system is 10 times what it used to be, swinging the pros and cons to the staying home side.

Posted

It's definitely the availability of high quality broadcasts.  I love going to the games, but if I'm honest, they're way better at home.

1 person likes this

Posted

I wonder how the game will look on that home theater system when it is blacked out?

I'm sure someone will step in and prevent blackouts in the end, but I think its funny that all the Packers fans I know claim to be such a die-hard fanbase. They claim no one can get tickets to a game at Lambeau, that is why they come to places like to Charlotte to see the Packers.  I forwarded them the link to buy tickets yesterday and no one responded.

1 person likes this

Posted

The situation in Green Bay is a little wierd.  Seems they required fans to pre-purchase their playoff tickets pretty far in advance when it was highly questionable they'd even make it.  Now people are scrambling...

Posted

You dun messed up a a ron

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know if it's fairweather as much as it is this:

SOUR1.jpg