Photo
- - - - -

I never want to hear Panther fans referred to as lightweight or fairweather again

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Has to do with big flat screen TV's and all the crazy cameras they use at games now for every angle, imo.

Well, there's that and then there's cost and inconvenience. Is dad going to shell out $300-400 to take the family to nosebleed seats, fight traffic, and battle bathroom lines and drunks or is he going to sit in a comfortable chair in a heated house with the beer of his choosing for pocket change?

#17 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

have you seen what the temperature is supposed to be at game time there? i'm seeing a high of 4 degrees, and that ain't celcius. the low is 17 below. not surprising that people are slow in buying those tickets, esp compared to us to whom this whole playoff thing isn't something that we are used to. it's rare that the packers don't go.

frozen-man-crop.jpg

#18 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

The point is our game sold out in minutes. Let's not act like Charlotte is the only stadium with PSLs and corporate support; this is the norm now.

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

Well, there's that and then there's cost and inconvenience. Is dad going to shell out $300-400 to take the family to nosebleed seats, fight traffic, and battle bathroom lines and drunks or is he going to sit in a comfortable chair in a heated house with the beer of his choosing for pocket change?

Exactly, but that has always been the case for decades. The thing that is different as of late is that everyone's home theater system is 10 times what it used to be, swinging the pros and cons to the staying home side.

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,328 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

It's definitely the availability of high quality broadcasts.  I love going to the games, but if I'm honest, they're way better at home.

#21 CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

I wonder how the game will look on that home theater system when it is blacked out?

I'm sure someone will step in and prevent blackouts in the end, but I think its funny that all the Packers fans I know claim to be such a die-hard fanbase. They claim no one can get tickets to a game at Lambeau, that is why they come to places like to Charlotte to see the Packers.  I forwarded them the link to buy tickets yesterday and no one responded.

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

The situation in Green Bay is a little wierd.  Seems they required fans to pre-purchase their playoff tickets pretty far in advance when it was highly questionable they'd even make it.  Now people are scrambling...

#23 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,404 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

You dun messed up a a ron

#24 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,909 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

I don't know if it's fairweather as much as it is this:

SOUR1.jpg

#25 GoDaddyGo

GoDaddyGo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

Lets see who has more butts in seats at kickoff:  Green Bay at -10 degrees or Charlotte at 50 degrees.  

#26 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,164 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

A-men, took the Seahawks 26 mins to sell out the same # of tickets.

#27 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,164 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

I don't know if it's fairweather as much as it is this:

SOUR1.jpg

Please, not this again... anyone who doesn't understand why JR looks like this in the box is a fairweather fan.

#28 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

A Philly fan just told me that we only sold out so quick bc Philly fans were buying up the tickets in anticipation of beating NO in the wild card and then making the trip to Charlotte. Their goal is to get 75% of BoA filled with green.

#29 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

A Philly fan just told me that we only sold out so quick bc Philly fans were buying up the tickets in anticipation of beating NO in the wild card and then making the trip to Charlotte. Their goal is to get 75% of BoA filled with green.

the reason why it tickets sold out so fast is scalpers used Bots to buy all the tickets and resell them.. ticketmaster sucks

#30 Don137

Don137

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

So when the Saints win that means more tickets will be available to purchase hopefully driving the price down for Panther fans that don't have tickets yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com