Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Greene

Sugar Bowl

17 posts in this topic

I'll have to see a little more sustained goodness out of him? Remember Garrett Gilbert coming out against Ala and looking like the next big thing? 1 game does not a QB make.

Also this game really brought to light something most people didn't realize: Alabama's corners are dogshit.

I could definitely agree with that. But I really liked what I saw out of him. And there have been lots of great COLLEGE qb's under Stoops. Not to mention OK is very deep at wr. Yes, 1 game doesn't make a player, but in a wide open Big 12 next year I expect him to continue to develop nicely.

guaranteed money doesn't help fans get the best overall game.

had this been a semi final game i think you see a totally dif Bama team.

"Mom" as in, she had a kid playing in the game?

Just fugging nice, lady. Not only getting so flambe'd you can't walk, but the crowd-surf dive move followed by the back-stroke kicking was epic, especially while being restrained.

Do they not put about 459 crowd behavior warnings throughout the game on the jumbo-tron like the NFL?

I just gotta say it... BOOMER fuging SOONER BABY!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Topics

• I wouldn't say he made him look bad, just expendable (and overpaid).
    • Good let them. Will just allow other good players to drop to us in round 2-4

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• And this is my problem.  Its not that he can or can't run from the shotgun. The problem is that he never has and you just don't know. Will he have the patience to wait beside the QB with the ball in his belly? And during that time the line is blocking and shifting in front of him. There is no definite "hole" to run to. After the QB finally leaves the ball to him, does he have the read-option vision to find that little crease in the line, plant his foot, and cut through it? Jonathan Stewart does, but Stew played in a spread, shotgun offense in college, so he already knew what he was doing. Can Fournette do that well? The answer at this point, since he's never been asked to, is "maybe". Do you spend the #8 overall pick rolling the dice on "maybe"? At a position that in general is the most short-lived in the NFL? Maybe DG and Rivera do exactly that.  If so, I can understand their gamble and would hope for the best. Fournette is a great talent.