Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perfect game for Buehrle

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Buehrle is no where near as good as Halladay.

Why do you say that? How many no-hitters does Halladay have? How many perfect games does Halladay have?

Because I know how many Buehrle has, and their records are the same this season, so far

Posted

if Halladay gets traded to the NL and has a circa 2008 Sabathia type 2nd half...Halladay wins NL Cy

Posted

Buehrle is no where near as good as Halladay.

Burls:

2 No hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 1 World Series Ring, 1 World Series Save, 2-1 in the Playoffs, 3 All Star Appearances, All-Star Winner, 132 Wins, Age 30

Halladay:

0 No Hitters, 0 Perfect Games, 0 World Series Rings, 0 World Series Saves or Wins, 0 Playoff Wins or appearances, 4 All Star Appearances, 0 ALS Wins, 142 Wins, Age 32

Need I say more......Buehrle is on a different planet, maybe Halladay can visit him every other year.

Posted

Burls:

2 No hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 1 World Series Ring, 1 World Series Save, 2-1 in the Playoffs, 3 All Star Appearances, All-Star Winner, 132 Wins, Age 30

Halladay:

0 No Hitters, 0 Perfect Games, 0 World Series Rings, 0 World Series Saves or Wins, 0 Playoff Wins or appearances, 4 All Star Appearances, 0 ALS Wins, 142 Wins, Age 32

Need I say more......Buehrle is on a different planet, maybe Halladay can visit him every other year.

80% of those stats have nothing to do with THIS SEASON which the cy young award is based off of........

now if you are talking about "who is better" in their career, then i get it.....but of course halladay isnt getting playoff appearances or WS rings.....he plays for the fuggin blue jays.....he only pitches once every 5 games :D

Posted

Burls:

Halladay:

I'm a huge White Sox fan (the reason for the Sock in my name), but Halladay is a better pitcher on a day to day basis. No hitters and perfect games require just as much luck as skill. Not to mention you can't hold not being in the playoffs against a single pitcher that only throws 20% of the games. Since 2001 Halladay has a 3.15 ERA compared to Buehrle with a 3.75.

Posted

Listen, I have zero love for either the Jays or the White Sox.

Totally impartial here.

If you were to allow me to have either Buehrle or Halladay join my team tomorrow, it would be Halladay.

That takes nothing from Buehrle, who is a great pitcher. Would love to have him too.

Statistically for all pitchers in the league right now, including relievers, including things like innings pitched, ERA, K's and WHIP, Halladay is the #23 pitcher, Buehrle #118.

Posted

Kent Mercker has a no hitter, so he's obviously better than Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, or John Smoltz. The last three posts sorta proved my point. Both top of the rotation starters, but I'd take Halladay every time...and I hate the Blue Jays and Cito fugin' Gaston.

Posted

I would take Buehrle simply because I know he's not going to crack in a high pressure situation. Halladay hasn't been in one by default of playing for the Jays so I can't say how he would do. And I'm a homer :lol:

Posted

All I know is I want Matt Holiday to join my Cards. Good morning, good afternoon and good night.

Posted

All I know is I want Matt Holiday to join my Cards. Good morning, good afternoon and good night.

Matt Holliday and Pujols back to back :icon_bs:

Posted

You can now add the MLB record for 45 consecutive batters retired to Buehrle's resume. How about that, Halladay jock-sniffers?!

Posted

And Buehrle still got the loss. The Terrordome isn't a good place for the Southsiders.

Halladay is a better pitcher. Anyone will tell you this.

Buehrle is great. Halladay is great, and better than Buehrle.

Next question.