Or would that make people vegan too. 

#3 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

ive done a slaughterhouse tour before with my brother...fugin' love steak...

#4 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Nope.

That's like say if waste treatment plants were made of glass we would all use outhouses.

#5 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,300 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

#6 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

I grew up on the farm... So I've seen it.

I was around 9. I'd be like... Granda I want chicken for dinner, she would say ok. Tell ur grandpa. My granpa would take me down to chicken barn and asked what chicken I liked. I'd point the chicken, he would go inside the barn and pick that chicken I liked... He'd take an axe and chop her head off then he would give me still shivering headless body of the chicken and say "go get and bucket of hot water and start pulling feathers out"

That chicken tasted delicious. I also watched him slit throats to bigger mammals.

One time he had a goat that followed me every where so I build a bond with him. 4 months later I was eating dumplings out of him.

It's life...

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,952 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Bacon.jpg

#8 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,666 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

I grew up on the farm... So I've seen it.

Slaughterhouses are nothing like farms.

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,397 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Vegans/vegetarians with the militant Peta slant are beginning to irk me. 

If you're doing it for your own personal health...fine.  You might have a condition where that diet helps (ulcerative colitis for instance).

Doing anything in mass quantities like our society demands requires a bit of brutality.  On the farm, it was the off with the heads and laugh as the headless chickens run around the yard....or a slaughterhouse where an occasional chick falls through the manufacturing process crack.  The attempts to humanize livestock is pretty ridiculous. 

#10 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own Midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!" Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus. Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on...

#11 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own Midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!" Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus. Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on...

#12 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Slaughterhouses are nothing like farms.

Slaughterhouse is the next stop from the farm.

#13 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

We would all be vegans.

Absolutely horrific. We are much too smart and aware of a species to have any excuse for this barbaric behavior. Unfortunately it appears we've become an enemy to nature itself.

#14 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,181 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

If public schools were built of glass we would all be teachers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#15 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,300 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

If history is any indicator, humans will continue to multiply like rodents.

We'll also continue to overharvest our oceans until that ecosystem completely collapses.

With the destruction of our oceans and an unabated global population boom, pressure to develop new reliable/affordable food sources/production methods will only increase.

It will be imperative to utilize farmland for optimal food production for humans. This will reduce resources available for comparably inefficient livestock production.

Ultimately, most humans who are fortunate enough not to starve to death, will depend largely upon a vegan like diet for their survival.

Enjoy your "meat lover's pizzas" and fish tacos while you can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com