Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

I am vaginaterian.

#17 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Absolutely horrific. We are much too smart and aware of a species to have any excuse for this barbaric behavior. Unfortunately it appears we've become an enemy to nature itself.

What does this mean?

#18 GWBNostrils

GWBNostrils

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

I grew up on the farm... So I've seen it.

I was around 9. I'd be like... Granda I want chicken for dinner, she would say ok. Tell ur grandpa. My granpa would take me down to chicken barn and asked what chicken I liked. I'd point the chicken, he would go inside the barn and pick that chicken I liked... He'd take an axe and chop her head off then he would give me still shivering headless body of the chicken and say "go get and bucket of hot water and start pulling feathers out"

That chicken tasted delicious. I also watched him slit throats to bigger mammals.

One time he had a goat that followed me every where so I build a bond with him. 4 months later I was eating dumplings out of him.

It's life...

Mother Russia?

#19 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,469 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Mother Russia?

USSR

#20 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

What does this mean?

It means that through industry, we're treating the planet and  as if they were the jews in the holocaust. As it is, the human population acts more like a disease to the planet.

#21 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

It means that through industry, we're treating the planet and  as if they were the jews in the holocaust. As it is, the human population acts more like a disease to the planet.

So diseases aren't natural?

#22 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,873 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

I've seen all the animal rights propaganda videos there are to see. Doesn't change much for me. Although I probably eat less livestock than most Americans.

#23 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

So diseases aren't natural?

The state of dis-ease is not natural, no. What's natural is balance and flow; both of which we are doing a very good job of dismantling.

#24 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,873 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Are we really so sheltered that people don't know how where their food comes from anymore?

#25 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

The state of dis-ease is not natural, no. What's natural is balance and flow; both of which we are doing a very good job of dismantling.

pretty much what's "natural" is toil, struggle, and exploitation.  kinda the history of life on earth, don't you think?

edit:

humans are natural.  we are "agents" of the natural world.  thus, everything we do is natural.

but being natural doesn't mean we should destroy everything.

however, the idea humans are unique in destroying environments is absolutely false.  plenty of organisms change their environments, either in very large or smaller ways.

beavers, anyone?  

I mean humans are an extreme.  but what makes us so fascinating is we are now reaching a point where we can look at what we're doing and say "wait - there are alternatives to this that can still allow us to survive."

#26 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

pretty much what's "natural" is toil, struggle, and exploitation.  kinda the history of life on earth, don't you think?

Agreed. But don't you think this type of behavior becomes unnatural as soon as we have the ability as a species to recognize its toxicity? Usually at these breaking points is where our evolution or demise steps in, as we choose it.

#27 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

however, the idea humans are unique in destroying environments is absolutely false.  plenty of organisms change their environments, either in very large or smaller ways.

beavers, anyone?  

I mean humans are an extreme.  but what makes us so fascinating is we are now reaching a point where we can look at what we're doing and say "wait - there are alternatives to this that can still allow us to survive."

The problem with our case is that we're doing everything to the EXTREME, which results in significant loss of balance and flow, thus states of dis-ease.

#28 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Agreed. But don't you think this type of behavior becomes unnatural as soon as we have the ability as a species to recognize its toxicity? Usually at these breaking points is where our evolution or demise steps in, as we choose it.

Not unnatural, no.  I think it becomes unhealthy and in some ways inexcusable.

The problem with our case is that we're doing everything to the EXTREME, which results in significant loss of balance and flow, thus states of dis-ease.

I don't really think there is a natural state of balance at all.

Again, I don't think this excuses our behavior.  Quite the opposite, the fact that, imo, nature is chaos and struggle, to me says that since we are capable of being different and doing so may help prevent a lot of struggle and pain we have an obligation to be.  But meh.

#29 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Not unnatural, no.  I think it becomes unhealthy and in some ways inexcusable.

I don't really think there is a natural state of balance at all.

Again, I don't think this excuses our behavior.  Quite the opposite, the fact that, imo, nature is chaos and struggle, to me says that since we are capable of being different and doing so may help prevent a lot of struggle and pain we have an obligation to be.  But meh.

I guess I tend to look at unhealthy and unnatural as being the same thing in a way. There will always be the natural balance of yin and yang, but once one starts to overpower the other, this balance gets lost and morphs into unnatural states. Just my opinion though.

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

I guess I tend to look at unhealthy and unnatural as being the same thing in a way. There will always be the natural balance of ying and yang, but once one starts to overpower the other, this balance gets lost and morphs into unnatural states. Just my opinion though.

I guess my study in ecology, evolution, and natural history has lead me to the conclusion there is no balance to the "natural world" and it's all in a constant state of flux and struggle and that we basically see "natural flow" because we don't look closely enough at the processes underlying it all sometimes.  But that's also just my opinion. :)

but I think you and I are on the same page on this one, we just are using different terminology and see the place of humanity different.  Just was curious about your opinion on it.  Always good chatting with you on this stuff. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com