Eclipse

sheer panthermonium

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationThe Lbg-NC

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

I am vaginaterian.

Is that when someone is a connoisseur of this jknFVUc.jpg?

#33 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,301 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

I once watched a pig get shot in the back of the head, dipped in boiling hot water, skinned and gutted and then get turned into delicious bbq later that night. 

#34 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

Thats terrible.

#35 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,324 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

Animals that are treated better taste better.

Therefore, I am in support of some measures. But, it's also ridiculous to expect people to pet every single cow and wait on them hand and foot before they're killed and turned into food. Wagyu beef if wagyu beef for a reason.

People abusing animals, or anything for that matter, suck. But, delicious animals are delicious and I'd love nice bloody ribeye with a side of bacon right about now. 

#36 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

If you could see me doing your girlfriend you'd do a better job.

#37 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:31 AM

Animals that are treated better taste better.

Therefore, I am in support of some measures. But, it's also ridiculous to expect people to pet every single cow and wait on them hand and foot before they're killed and turned into food. Wagyu beef if wagyu beef for a reason.

People abusing animals, or anything for that matter, suck. But, delicious animals are delicious and I'd love nice bloody ribeye with a side of bacon right about now. 

Exactly, treating livestock humanely by making sure they are fed a healthy diet, raised in a relatively clean environment and exposed to minimal stress would likely benefit everyone involved in the process. 

Most Americans eat too much meat and dairy as it is, so a moderate increase in prices for higher quality more humanely raised livestock might encourage more people to adopt better eating habits as well. 

#38 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,324 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

Exactly, treating livestock humanely by making sure they are fed a healthy diet, raised in a relatively clean environment and experience minimal stress would likely benefit everyone involved in the process. 

Most Americans eat too much meat and dairy as it is, so a moderate increase in prices for higher quality more humanely raised livestock might encourage more people to adopt better eating habits as well. 

Many healthy options and meats in general are already priced out of lower socio-economic groups though. Someone in a higher income bracket already has the ability to buy local, organic, farm raised, etc. A pack of bacon, carton of eggs, and gallon of milk will run what, at least 10-12 bucks these days?  Raise that to 13-15 bucks for example.  Not to mention the time in cooking it. For that same price, you could get 12-13 mystery meat sausage biscuits at the local fast food place. Raise prices even more, and more kids will be fed the value menu at McDonalds than already are IMO. 

#39 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

Everyone loses their mind over a single lion being killed and then trots over to a fast food chain to dine on their outrage. I remember this conversation going differently in another thread

#40 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,468 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

My youngest just turned 6 and came to me and his mom with a simple request: he didn't want to eat meat anymore. When we asked him why he stated he doesn't want the animals to hurt. I was incredibly proud of his decision. So far he's done pretty good with it.

#41 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

As I see it, if you feel the need to give all of your animals preventative antibiotics because their living conditions are so terrible that they are very likely to get sick, your conditions can be improved

#42 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,666 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

Four legs good two legs bad

#43 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

As I see it, if you feel the need to give all of your animals preventative antibiotics because their living conditions are so terrible that they are very likely to get sick, your conditions can be improved

Yep, because of the overuse of antibiotics in factory farms you run into issues with bacteria becoming immune to the treatment that humans generally use for those diseases. There's also a large overuse of vaccines on factory farms which is leading to viruses mutating and becoming much harder to stop.

All of this leads to mutations and stronger strands of viruses, resilient diseases that are fighting back with antibiotics and It's having an extremely negative impact on the environment, human immune systems and so forth. 

Eventually you'll run into an issue were you have a extremely deadly virus or disease and no way to treat it because it's become immune to the antibiotics/vaccines that are used. Then you run the risk of having an epidemic and life balancing itself out again. 

Just a factoid, around 70-80% of all antibiotics used in the US are for factory farmed animals. A large portion of vaccines used in the US are also used on factory farms. 

#44 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

not to be a dick but using antibiotics on viruses is dumb anyway. I'm suspecting you're referring to other diseases, those driven by bacteria, which are treated with antibiotics.  Sorry to be a dick here, but part of the reason antibiotic resistance is occurring in the human population is that too few people understand the difference between a virus and a bacteria.

from what I've read, the biggest danger is salmonella, so cook the fug out of that chicken.

you're right about it being a problem, but it's probably the only way to keep so many animals in confined spaces.

I'd be just as happy if we, uh, didn't do that.

#45 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

Bacon.jpg

Oh, the humanity. The sizzlin' delicious humanity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com