• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

I wanted Patrick Peterson.  Thank geebus, that didn't happen.  Cam was the right choice (obviously).  Gabbert......LMFAO!!!!  I knew that pretty boy was gonna be a bust.

#62 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,661 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

That wasn't tough at all. Those that actually know football knew Newton was by far the best choice.

#63 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,153 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

Yeesh......flashbacks of the "A.J. Green would make Clausen look like a HOF'er" comments.

#64 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

I bet those QBs weren't even close as far as worthiness for the 1st overall pick is concerned. But the media likes playing games every off season to create story. Every year a QB that weren't relevant the whole year come out of the woodwork to suddenly contest for the 1st overall pick. The media likes suspense so they refuse to accept an indisputable #1. They're playing the same game this year. And they love when race is involved. The last few years has been a fiasco. And, every once in a while they'll screw a terrible franchise out of picking the better player like when they pick EJ in the 1st round instead of Geno.

#65 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

The year of the toughest call in football...

0425_large.jpg

Cams the only player I've ever seen with a muscular head

#66 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Cams the only player I've ever seen with a muscular head

That's what she said!

Wait a minute, your username is chubs!  LMAO!

#67 QueensKing

QueensKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

If a player doesn't dominate college, he isn't worth taking in the first round.  Cam dominated like few have. 

After a player has dominated then all the other stuff can be scrutinized, but if a player didn't dominate, in no way would I every take him.  Those other two guys didn't dominate, our staff saw past it but I don't see how some didn't.  Blasphemy

#68 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Do we know for sure that Hurney deserves the credit for Cam? Maybe it was Rivera who insisted this was his guy. Just a thought.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#69 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Mcshay was the conductor of the Gabbert hype train. sometimes i wonder if he even watched him play 

Looks like Mcshay have a track record of doing things like that. ESPN should make him accountable for being wrong all the time.

#70 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

On a somewhat similar note, Boomer Esiason was on the Jim Rome show today talking about Manziel and had this to say:

"He likes to go out and drink..he's got an edge to him and I like it."

Interesting how Manziel has "an edge" while someone like Newton has "immaturity" and "character" issues.

That's because Manziel is more his son's image and Cam isn't. Those who love to write the rules others are expected to live by make sure those rules don't apply to them nor their loved ones. Just saying..

#71 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

If Colin Kaepernick can make it to the Super Bowl, Cam can win 5.

#72 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

If a player doesn't dominate college, he isn't worth taking in the first round.  Cam dominated like few have. 

After a player has dominated then all the other stuff can be scrutinized, but if a player didn't dominate, in no way would I every take him.  Those other two guys didn't dominate, our staff saw past it but I don't see how some didn't.  Blasphemy

Those in the upper echelon of the sport media knew exactly who Blaine was. Their desire to continue pushing him says exactly how they see themselves and the Football fans. 

#73 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

If a player doesn't dominate college, he isn't worth taking in the first round. Cam dominated like few have.

After a player has dominated then all the other stuff can be scrutinized, but if a player didn't dominate in no way would I every take him. Those other two guys didn't dominate, our staff saw past it but I don't see how some didn't. Blasphemy

Maybe it's time to learn some new words

http://thesaurus.com

#74 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

My favorite thing to do is watching Skip Bayless' face when talking about the panthers. I watch him being wrong the whole year picking against us.

#75 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

I will be proven right on Geno and a lot of people on this board will be eating their words.  lol

I think Geno will be a very good player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.