Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Round TE?

98 posts in this topic

Posted

<-------------- This guy

1 person likes this

Posted

I love Ebron but we better not trade up for him.

LANDRY in the 2nd!!!!

Posted

I'm sick of the projects all over the place. I want guys who can start day one. We was very lucky draft Smith in the 6th round years ago. No one knew Smith would turn out this good. But that was the luck of a draw pick there and I'm glad it turn out well for us over the years. But since then we have had crap WRs for the most part since Smith. We need a new top WR for Cam to throw to. Only play we will get guys like that is 1st or 2nd round. Screw the late rounds project crap. Sick of hearing it and I want to see our team get a Star WR this coming draft. Smith has very little left in the tank and he might play one to 2 more years at most. Lafell,Ginn, and the rest of those guys will never get it done. Bottom line 1st or 2nd pick of the draft. We need a very talented WR. Plan and simple.

I feel your pain brother. Glad we have a new GM's eyes to see our inept receiver core in action.

Posted

I wouldn't mind Jeremy Gallon in the 4th-5th round. Little dude reminds me of Smith.

Posted

I agree that Ebron is a TE, but I disagree on the relative importance of 40 times. Steve Smith had a mediocre 40 time in pre-draft combines. But he was a lot faster than anyone else in pads and gear. Game speed is much more important than controlled measures in artificial environments.

Posted

BPA

Posted

I feel its way to early to talk about this. We need to see what happens in FA.

Posted

I really want a CB, I almost always do, and obviously we need a WR, but the more I think about it, the more I think OT is the way to go.  Of course what we get in FA will definitely determine which is the best route.  If we go with any other position then it better be a guy who is so incredibly the BPA that we had no choice but to take him.

Posted

Ebron is good, but I think Amaro and ASJ are just as good and we wouldn't need to trade up for them.  Ebron is the shortest of the 3 and possibly the slowest of the 3.  Amaro and ASJ will create more mismatches since they are both 6'6" like Graham and Gronk, vs. Ebron's 6'4".  I have no problem drafting one of the 3 TEs, as long as guys like Robinson, Benjamin, Matthews are gone at WR.  It would be a borderline disaster to not give Cam at least two weapons this offseason via the draft and FA with his looming contract on the horizon.

Posted

Steve Smith was drafted in the 3rd round.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th rd...how many other elite QB's are? I don't think we can afford to wait to til the 3rd or 4th rd and pray we draft a Keenan Allen or Brandon Marshall that late. The only way I wouldn't draft a WR in the 1st is if an elite OT somehow slides that far. Then I would take a WR in the 2nd and maybe 3rd too. Cam has progressed as far as he can with the Wr's we have. He needs much better WR's to reach his full potential, JMO

Posted

Ebron is good, but I think Amaro and ASJ are just as good and we wouldn't need to trade up for them. Ebron is the shortest of the 3 and possibly the slowest of the 3. Amaro and ASJ will create more mismatches since they are both 6'6" like Graham and Gronk, vs. Ebron's 6'4". I have no problem drafting one of the 3 TEs, as long as guys like Robinson, Benjamin, Matthews are gone at WR. It would be a borderline disaster to not give Cam at least two weapons this offseason via the draft and FA with his looming contract on the horizon.

ASJ is the slowest of the 3. Ebron and Amaro are very close in speed. ASJ's speed is what concerns me about him. Ebron is an inch taller than Vernon Davis, not sure how him being 6'4" is an issue.

A guy we forsure won't have to trade up for is Colt Lyerla, but we all know this franchise history with guys with off field problems.

Posted

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th rd...how many other elite QB's are? I don't think we can afford to wait to til the 3rd or 4th rd and pray we draft a Keenan Allen or Brandon Marshall that late. The only way I wouldn't draft a WR in the 1st is if an elite OT somehow slides that far. Then I would take a WR in the 2nd and maybe 3rd too. Cam has progressed as far as he can with the Wr's we have. He needs much better WR's to reach his full potential, JMO

Totally agree.