Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know a lot of us dislike A.luck...

179 posts in this topic

Posted

Andrew luck is going to get annihilated by a team not coached by andy reid...

took KC -2.5 so i may be bitter but fug that poo... 38 to fuggin 10 and i fugging lose.

Posted

NBA history for 400 Alex, please. They played on the Dream Team together in 92 man. Jordan was a rookie in like 84, obviously they played together. Plus, one of the best NES games ever:

Jordan_vs_Bird_-_One_on_One_Coverart.png

Loved the dunk contest. What a ground breaking game.

Posted

This person doesn't dislike Luck. This person dislikes the way today's sports media goes about still defining these players by categorizing them and then dictating to us how to perceive them based on nothing more than stereotyping, biases, and very controlled levels of scrutiny. Even worst is the level today's media will go to force me into buying their false perception of these players by constantly using buzz words such as "elite," "franchise" and even "BUST." And when they are not actually using those words directly on today's QBs, they are automatically aligning them with the success or failures of other QBs so as to create a mental picture of how they want us to see them. That is why Cam was automatically aligned with Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell. The two most famous black QBs who were made to epitomize extreme failure among QBs. Was the alignment intentional? YES! Even worst is the falsity behind the perception of those two QBs that many still blindly believe and push to this day. 

I am also forced to categorize today's QBs. Despite the false belief that racism in the NFL is dead, today's QBs are still broken down, albeit subtle, into two categories, black and white or the more modern terms "mobile" QBs, vs. "traditional" QBs. But since it seems okay to have some mobility, many of today's white QBs also get credited with having different degrees of mobility. The difference is, with the black QBs it's made to be seen as their first instinct, while the whites, it's an option that goes along with their other "natural talent." Interestingly enough, I am never made to see today's black QBs as "traditional." It's like a sacred  image only reserved for white QBs.  

Is Luck good? YES! But so is Dalton, Cam, Russel, Colin, and many others who are not made to be seen as good as him by design. To pick and choose what and how we're to see today's QBs based on very selective and measure narratives screams CONTROLLING! IMO...

When Cam's name comes up and folks like Mike Mayock, Charlie Casserly, and a whole list of others so called football experts, an extreme majority of them white,  go out of their way to demean, pick apart, and humiliate this kid, while forcing him to be and do whatever they want him too because they can; and because they refuse to respect his natural gifts and what he brings to the game of football, sends a very loud and clear message to someone like myself..."We are in CONTROL" and can do still treat these NFL players as we please; including invite blatant discrimination against hm. 

On top of that, those same predominately white, so called football experts will turn around and not only try to align Luck with Cam in the talent and athletics department but go out of their way to elevate him pass the the other white and more successful QBs, who they themselves hold in very high regard as the best in the league, by doing nothing more than controlling how he's being projected.  Why? Because they CAN.

Also, I will not kid myself, the NFL is still the way it is because sports media knows that many of today's football fans still want to hold onto their prejudices, biases, and discriminating views of these players. And someone as average a QB as Luck being elevated to appear as the next coming of the greatest QB ever by today's sports media, is a whole lot more easier to digest than that of someone like Cam. Many of you would much rather debate Luck's greatness against those of his own kind than have to admit that someone like Cam, and or Russell is just as good if not better than him. That attitude is reflected right here on this site.

1 person likes this

Posted

You didn't know a potential #1 pick could talk to an NFL owner?

Dude, seriously, just give it a rest.

Of course, but I did mention specifically parents. Not just parent but parent of draftee who chooses to stay in school. I'm wondering if Mariota's parents were on the phone explaining to the Texans his reasoning for staying in school.

Posted

Of course, but I did mention specifically parents. Not just parent but parent of draftee who chooses to stay in school. I'm wondering if Mariota's parents were on the phone explaining to the Texans his reasoning for staying in school.

The 'parent' here is the athletic director of a major university.

Here's a thought: Instead of going emo over a QB that isn't even in our conference getting positive attention, how about enjoying the playoffs (especially the fact that we're in them).

The level to which this bothers you is silly.

Posted

The 'parent' here is the athletic director of a major university.

Here's a thought: Instead of going emo over a QB that isn't even in our conference getting positive attention, how about enjoying the playoffs (especially the fact that we're in them).

The level to which this bothers you is silly.

That's the point you tried to ignore the entire time.

Well if that positive attention he is getting is on my team's forum I'm allowed to go ape poo on it. If this were the Colts' forum(whatever it's called) your point would be valid. By this thread "I know a lot of us dislike A.luck..." being in the my page of a panther specific forum, something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Posted

That's the point you tried to ignore the entire time.

Well if that positive attention he is getting is on my team's forum I'm allowed to go ape poo on it. If this were the Colts' forum(whatever it's called) your point would be valid. By this thread "I know a lot of us dislike A.luck..." being in the my page of a panther specific forum, something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Not 'trying to ignore' the point. Making a statement that 'the point' is stupid.

This is really that big a deal to you? Seriously?

Well then knock yourself out, kid. Me? I'm going to sit back and enjoy some playoff football without having a seizure every time somebody says something positive about another team's quarterback.

Posted

Luck is an awesome player. With all props to him, if you give up a 28 pt lead in the playoffs you are hot garbage. KC blew it

Posted

luck is going to be a nightmare in this league if he's not already

i'm talking almost as bad as reading posts from his nutswingers on this board

Posted

Andrew Luck, the Michael Jordan of football.

This won't end too well.

Posted

Andrew Luck, the Michael Jordan of football.

This won't end too well.

hahaha, man this guy is overrated

1 person likes this

Posted

hahaha, man this guy is overrated

You're not kidding! Wait till his division get harder and he continues to struggle, that Jordan talking will come back to hunt him.