178 replies to this topic

#121 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,429 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

Well, I know u're a very well informed fan because u do research...U told me. :)

I knew enough to know you wouldn't get the reference.

But hey, I'm glad someone's standing up to defend Richard Sherwood :)

(J J Hansen too)

#122 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

I knew enough to know you wouldn't get the reference.

But hey, I'm glad someone's standing up to defend Richard Sherwood :)

(J J Hansen too)

Yeah...I said Sherwood, instead of Sherman.. :)

Maybe that is because I am half paying attention to what is going on with that foolishness. I tuned the whole thing out since Sunday.

Justin Beiber is way better news right now. But that's for a different site. :)

#123 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Who knew the NFL was so political; that it stop really being about raw talent and more about connections, and personal dislikes and prejudices.

I guess since much money is to be made, those in the media believe they should play a much stronger role because they help bring in the money. As far as the molding and intentional holding back of certain players, and endless hyping of others that has always happening. The only difference is today's media is not only brazen but believe if they keep pushing their version of reality, eventually many will simply believe and it will eventually spread. example: the Sherwood foolishness.

It's not that the NFL is wrong in its approach but when they fail to exercise patience and do it prematurely it just become so obvious that a lot of people start questioning it. Before Luck came into the league I could listen to them babble about Peyton, Brees, B.rady, etc. and never notice anything wrong because those guys are highly accomplished. But the second they try to squeeze in the train wreck called Luck in the conversation it raised red flag. I laugh when they try to sell him as some QB prodigy know damn well no such thing exist in the football world. A sport where most of the time the QB is as good as the WRs and OL. Personally I think Luck will always be an inconsistent buffoon and the media is just wasting it's time.

#124 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,429 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Grow up, kid.

#125 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

It's not that the NFL is wrong in its approach but when they fail to exercise patience and do it prematurely it just become so obvious that a lot of people start questioning it. Before Luck came into the league I could listen to them babble about Peyton, Brees, B.rady, etc. and never notice anything wrong because those guys are highly accomplished. But the second they try to squeeze in the train wreck called Luck in the conversation it raised red flag. I laugh when they try to sell him as some QB prodigy know damn well no such thing exist in the football world. A sport where most of the time the QB is as good as the WRs and OL. Personally I think Luck will always be an inconsistent buffoon and the media is just wasting it's time.

That fact that they always have to make him first even when it's clear he's not deserving to the position is the biggest give away. Daddy have a lot of pull. Makes me wonder if that is how he got into Stanford. 

#126 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Grow up, kid.

Now...Now Scott. Is Luck or son?

People are entitled to their opinion you know. 

#127 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

That fact that they always have to make him first even when it's clear he's not deserving to the position is the biggest give away. Daddy have a lot of pull. Makes me wonder if that is how he got into Stanford. 

It's corruption at it's best. Money sometimes can buy everything.

#128 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,429 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Now...Now Scott. Is Luck or son?

People are entitled to their opinion you know. 

And I'm entitled to mine.

In this case, mine happens to be that a couple of yahoos who know pretty much little to nothing about football are obsessed with Andrew Luck to the point they'll spend loads of time on a message board trying to come up with conspiracy theories to tear him down, yet they only actually succeed in making themselves look really insecure and dumb.

Case in point: It's one thing that you didn't know Luck and Newton played in different conferences, but how the heck can you not get a Sheriff of Nottingham reference?

(and don't bother googling; it'll only make you look worse)

#129 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

And I'm entitled to mine.

In this case, mine happens to be that a couple of yahoos who know pretty much little to nothing about football are obsessed with Andrew Luck to the point they'll spend loads of time on a message board trying to come up with conspiracy theories to tear him down, yet they only actually succeed in making themselves look really insecure and dumb.

Case in point: It's one thing that you didn't know Luck and Newton played in different conferences, but how the heck can you not get a Sheriff of Nottingham reference?

(and don't bother googling; it'll only make you look worse)

U're kidding about the not knowing Luck and Cam play in different league, right? Didn't Luck replace the other media darling, Peyton Manning? U don't even have to be as well versed as someone like urself to know Peyton played for the Colts and they r in the weakest division of all 8 divisions in the NFL.

Also, I don't watch to much tv, outside of sports. Rerun of shows from over 30 years ago, even less.

#130 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,429 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

U're kidding about the not knowing Luck and Cam play in different league, right?

Actually, no.  Not kidding at all.

From a while back...

I'm guessing you have a theory on why Andrew Luck got voted AFC Offensive Player of the Week on a week when Newton had a great performance too?

No!!!!  But I will take a stab at it. Could it possible be that it was the same week the media was fawning endlessly over Luck beating Peyton Manning, even thou it was the team and Manning did make quite a spectacular run in the 4th qrter with less than 10 mintues on the clock?

It's Luck we're talking about. Anything he does overshadows the real hard work of other QBs and teams. I thought u knew that by now.

Nice thought.

My Take:  I think it's because Newton plays in the NFC rather than the AFC.

But hey, you may have a point :D

You can read the entire thread here: The heat is truly on RGKnee

You were saying?

#131 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Actually, no.  Not kidding at all.

From a while back...

You can read the entire thread here: The heat is truly on RGKnee

You were saying?

I also said Dion picking Luck over Cam for is another one of NFLN's kissing the ass of Luck's father.  Luck is from the AFC and Cam, NFC...

I will just accepted that you and I are looking at these QBs through different paradigms.

#132 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,429 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

I also said Dion picking Luck over Cam for is another one of NFLN's kissing the ass of Luck's father. Luck is from the AFC and Cam, NFC...

I will just accepted that you and I are looking at these QBs through different paradigms.

The NFL kissing the ass of the athletic director of West Virginia University...

Yeah, solid theory there :lol:

Our 'different paradigms' are that I live in the real world while you make up goofball conspiracy theories.

#133 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,300 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

After nine pages are we still hating on Neckbeard or did we journey into conspiracy land?

#134 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,429 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

To hear some of these guys talk, you'd think Andrew Luck controlled the world. And apparently his primary goal is not to win the Super Bowl. His first priority is to crush Cam Newton.

The OP started with a good premise, but now it's degenerated into these two goofballs flirting with each other over who can come up with the dumbest conspiracy theory.

Frankly I think it's run its course as far as useful discussion and should probably just be locked.

#135 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Luck did not run the same 40 as Cam. The building of the hype:

Luck: 4.67

Cam: 4.59

I was reading an article on the nfl site and they still list Luck as having the same 40 time as Cam to make a point he's as athletic. Just quit the bs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com