Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

Anton Khudobin Needs To Start

113 posts in this topic

Anton Khduboin has done it again... he's back from injury and is 2-0 since his injury and 4-0 as a Hurricane.

His current save percentage is .928... good for 8th in the NHL.

His career record is 17-5-1... 

Doby needs to start.

183457694_slide.jpg

1 person likes this

Agreed.  Let him have a stab.

I think he's earned the start. It does wonders for our team not to give the opposing team a free 4 goals every time Ward is in net.

1 person likes this

This save by Doby at the buzzer to give the Canes the win!!!

I wanted to say this after Dobby went 2-0.. I just didn't have anything to back up my beliefs until now.

I could live with a Khudobin/Peters combo.

Now 5-0 on the season with a career record of 19-5-1.

He made 31 saves on 32 shots tonight.

Because of Doby, we are only one point out of a playoff spot.

With Ward injured, Khudobin has a chance to steal some time away in the second half of the season. Still expect the Canes to trade Peters, but Khudobin could steal Wards job this go around. 

Not sure if the Canes will be happy with that because of how much Ward makes and the fact he's virtually a lock to stay with Carolina throughout the remainder of his contract. 

Dobby gets the start against Buffalo tonight. Might lock up that starting job.

Now 6-0 as a Hurricanes with a career record of 20-5-1 lol.

• Topics

• Stop me if you've heard this one... Once upon a time the USA provided weapons to "Freedom Fighter's" opposed to the Soviet Union's illegal invasion of Afghanistan. FYI:  The war drained huge amounts of life and treasure in a futile attempt to defeat a elusive resistance.  After ten years the Soviets concluded they were on a fool's errand and withdrew in humiliation.  Many believe the war hastened the fall of USSR.  I wonder if there is any lesson to be learned here for those in Washington D.C.?
    • TE George Kittle is one of those TEs not many are talking much about. He comes from the underperforming Iowa team that appears to look like they won't be worthwile for a long while, and just doesn't pop out very much in this loaded TE class. However, his Pro Day turned some heads. George Kettle may not be the guy you immediately see, but he's arguably the 2nd best blocking TE in this class. He can also catch, and has shown the ability to be a threat as a pass catcher. His real scary stuff comes with his amazing redzone performances.  Iowa may have hindered his potential, but he definitely has it. Some extra information concerning this TE: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/columnists/chad-leistikow/2017/03/28/george-kittle-nfl-draft-profile-improving-pro-day-hawkeyes/99724056/ Sounds like a solid TE who can be something in the NFL with some work.