Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDermott will be gone

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If you want to talk about building a D, yea that's all Rivera. Scheming and planning, mostly Rivera with some McDermott input. On gameday, McDermott mostly choosing the playcalls with Rivera getting the final say. At least that's how I picture it. Rivera's defenses are always excellent no matter where he goes. Thus this logic. Rivera is a defensive minded HC. Thus this is Rivera's D.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'd lose it if he took a job while the season was still on. Just what we need- him preparing his new team for next season while trying to close out a season here.

"Yeah Ron, I'll have some free time later, so I may swing down by the team office and start working up a gameplan."

Alright so the quotes hyperbole, but still.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm more worried about Eric Washington being sniped for a DC slot than Snyder hiring McD. But you never know with Snyder.

Kubiak can run Shanahan's offense, but is he a yes man?

If we win this week and there is no announcement before the NFCCG, I think we'll know what that means.

Posted · Report post

I'm more worried about Eric Washington being sniped for a DC slot than Snyder hiring McD. But you never know with Snyder.

If we win this week and there is no announcement before the NFCCG, I think we'll know what that means.

We can deny Washington moving to be a DC since it's considered a lateral move.

Posted · Report post

Did you just make a DC sniper joke?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't know if he stays or not but his scheme looked a lot better with good players. We have talent on defense.

Posted · Report post

If you want to talk about building a D, yea that's all Rivera. Scheming and planning, mostly Rivera with some McDermott input. On gameday, McDermott mostly choosing the playcalls with Rivera getting the final say. At least that's how I picture it. Rivera's defenses are always excellent no matter where he goes. Thus this logic. Rivera is a defensive minded HC. Thus this is Rivera's D.

McDermott was hired because they had similar philosophies and Rivera has his input but this defense is run by McDermott.  Many times throughout the season Rivera has complimented McDermott for making good calls.

This is Rivera's Team but McDermott's defense.

IMO I would rather have Wilks replace him over Washington.  Nothing against Washington I just feel Wilks has the IT factor.

Posted · Report post

He can be interviewed during the bye but not offered a job until after the season. So he should be focusednhere no matter what. Plus I am in the camp they are interviewing him due to his Philly connection as much as his work here. They know he has gameplanned against the division for years under Johnson and when he was DC there.

Posted · Report post

Washington is the DL coach...DC is not a lateral move.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Let him leave.  Hopefully we will pick up Seattle's secondary coach in Kris Richard, and he will do similar work in coaching up late round talent.

Posted · Report post

Yea and Ron Rivera is just a boob that had no input at all....

Just shows you how desperate some teams are. They will interview any coordinator with a name now. It use to mean something but not its just a circus act.

Posted · Report post

No we cant. Position coach to DC is not lateral.