Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the birther movement making the latest go-round on social media

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The one I do find interesting is his statements about his father fighting in WWII....at age three.

Not really the whole birther issue, just more evidence that the guy is just a damn liar.

decent synopsis of it here

Posted · Report post

In other news, a recently surfaced death certificate of Booker T Washington states he was a member of the Black Panthers.

Posted · Report post

Where he was born was really never an issue for me...the fact he was raised outside of the US was more of an issue with me.

Posted · Report post

In other news, a recently surfaced death certificate of Booker T Washington states he was a member of the Black Panthers.

:mellow:

Where he was born was really never an issue for me...the fact he was raised outside of the US was more of an issue with me.

Posted · Report post

I have an issue with Ted Cruz only now thinking he might want to renounce his Canadian citizen ship.

Posted · Report post

why is that?

Posted · Report post

why the frowney face?

Posted · Report post

I know you're kidding, but how do people buy that shit?

Posted · Report post

I know you're kidding, but how do people buy that poo?

I treat this similarly to some of the "way over here, way over there" threads in the panther section.

I have not followed the birther stuff that closely, but you'd have to admit, if any of the stuff like number 1 were true, it would make people curious.  There were some wierd things with some of the docs, and couple that with the opposition to Obama, and you have yourselves a birther movement.

One side says he is Kenyan, a stretch, and the other side say people are total idiots to even have an interest, another stretch

I just find some of the things a bit weird and intriguing, but not enough to even read all the birther commentaries.

That is why I said the BTW stuff, sort of tongue in cheek, obviously the Black Panthers were not around at BTW death.

Posted · Report post

I treat this similarly to some of the "way over here, way over there" threads in the panther section.

I have not followed the birther stuff that closely, but you'd have to admit, if any of the stuff like number 1 were true, it would make people curious.  There were some wierd things with some of the docs, and couple that with the opposition to Obama, and you have yourselves a birther movement.

One side says he is Kenyan, a stretch, and the other side say people are total idiots to even have an interest, another stretch

I just find some of the things a bit weird and intriguing, but not enough to even read all the birther commentaries.

That is why I said the BTW stuff, sort of tongue in cheek, obviously the Black Panthers were not around at BTW death.

But why even assume #1 is true?  Why not look into it? And why did this become an issue in the first place?

So yeah, if that shit in that article was true then it'd be curious.  But it's not.  Which is the point, and why this shit's dumb.

Posted · Report post

But why even assume #1 is true?  Why not look into it? And why did this become an issue in the first place?

So yeah, if that poo in that article was true then it'd be curious.  But it's not.  Which is the point, and why this poo's dumb.

I suppose the fact that the birth certificate was not readily available to begin with is why people got caught up into it.  Not sure.

Then, when it was presented, they called it a forgery, but having the doc should have settled it.  Before it was presented, however, is when it all took off.  People will assume things that fit their desires.  I am sure many thought Dan Rather was exactly right when he reported the Bush/National Guard stuff that also turned out to be forged.

I think hope that their "enemy" had issues, fueled both the birther movement and the Bush/Killian stuff. 

Posted · Report post

I don't suppose you could point to an instance where anyone of reasonable intelligence said that people are total idiots to have an interest.

If you had said, "the other side say people who ignore reality to continue to promote this delusion" you would be a lot closer to the mark.