45 replies to this topic

#16 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

In other news, a recently surfaced death certificate of Booker T Washington states he was a member of the Black Panthers.

:mellow:

Where he was born was really never an issue for me...the fact he was raised outside of the US was more of an issue with me.

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,993 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

I have an issue with Ted Cruz only now thinking he might want to renounce his Canadian citizen ship.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,721 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Where he was born was really never an issue for me...the fact he was raised outside of the US was more of an issue with me.

why is that?

#19 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

why the frowney face?

#20 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

In other news, a recently surfaced death certificate of Booker T Washington states he was a member of the Black Panthers.

I know you're kidding, but how do people buy that poo?

#21 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

I know you're kidding, but how do people buy that poo?

I treat this similarly to some of the "way over here, way over there" threads in the panther section.

I have not followed the birther stuff that closely, but you'd have to admit, if any of the stuff like number 1 were true, it would make people curious.  There were some wierd things with some of the docs, and couple that with the opposition to Obama, and you have yourselves a birther movement.

One side says he is Kenyan, a stretch, and the other side say people are total idiots to even have an interest, another stretch

I just find some of the things a bit weird and intriguing, but not enough to even read all the birther commentaries.

That is why I said the BTW stuff, sort of tongue in cheek, obviously the Black Panthers were not around at BTW death.

#22 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

I treat this similarly to some of the "way over here, way over there" threads in the panther section.

I have not followed the birther stuff that closely, but you'd have to admit, if any of the stuff like number 1 were true, it would make people curious.  There were some wierd things with some of the docs, and couple that with the opposition to Obama, and you have yourselves a birther movement.

One side says he is Kenyan, a stretch, and the other side say people are total idiots to even have an interest, another stretch

I just find some of the things a bit weird and intriguing, but not enough to even read all the birther commentaries.

That is why I said the BTW stuff, sort of tongue in cheek, obviously the Black Panthers were not around at BTW death.

But why even assume #1 is true?  Why not look into it? And why did this become an issue in the first place?

So yeah, if that poo in that article was true then it'd be curious.  But it's not.  Which is the point, and why this poo's dumb.

#23 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

But why even assume #1 is true?  Why not look into it? And why did this become an issue in the first place?

So yeah, if that poo in that article was true then it'd be curious.  But it's not.  Which is the point, and why this poo's dumb.

I suppose the fact that the birth certificate was not readily available to begin with is why people got caught up into it.  Not sure.

Then, when it was presented, they called it a forgery, but having the doc should have settled it.  Before it was presented, however, is when it all took off.  People will assume things that fit their desires.  I am sure many thought Dan Rather was exactly right when he reported the Bush/National Guard stuff that also turned out to be forged.

I think hope that their "enemy" had issues, fueled both the birther movement and the Bush/Killian stuff. 

#24 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

I don't suppose you could point to an instance where anyone of reasonable intelligence said that people are total idiots to have an interest.

If you had said, "the other side say people who ignore reality to continue to promote this delusion" you would be a lot closer to the mark.

#25 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I suppose the fact that the birth certificate was not readily available to begin with is why people got caught up into it.  Not sure.

Then, when it was presented, they called it a forgery, but having the doc should have settled it.  Before it was presented, however, is when it all took off.  People will assume things that fit their desires.  I am sure many thought Dan Rather was exactly right when he reported the Bush/National Guard stuff that also turned out to be forged.

I think hope that their "enemy" had issues, fueled both the birther movement and the Bush/Killian stuff. 

Since when was it standard practice for politicians to publish birth certificates?

Why even question Obama's birth?

And a big part of the birther movement actually came after the certificate was released...

#26 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Since when was it standard practice for politicians to publish birth certificates?

And a big part of the birther movement actually came after the certificate was released...

McCains birth was questioned on a few occasions, so it happens.

When you are known to have lived here and there and have a father from a foreign country, of course you might have questions, especially from your opponents.

Why even question George Bush's Air Nat'l Guard record?

#27 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

McCains birth was questioned on a few occasions, so it happens.

When you are known to have lived here and there and have a father from a foreign country, of course you might have questions, especially from your opponents.

Why even question George Bush's Air Nat'l Guard record?

McCain's birth was never questioned at the level of Obama's.  He never had to release his birth certificate.

I don't even recall the deal with Bush's national guard record, so I can't say.  But there's a difference between questioning someone's citizenship, birth, etc, and questioning their service, IMO, though neither are good in the least.  Remember Swiftboat Veterans for Truth or whatever that bullshit was?

Either way, birther stuff continues to this day and I haven't heard about Bush's national guard service at all.

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

McCain's birth was never questioned at the level of Obama's.  He never had to release his birth certificate.

I don't even recall the deal with Bush's national guard record, so I can't say.  But there's a difference between questioning someone's citizenship, birth, etc, and questioning their service, IMO, though neither are good in the least.  Remember Swiftboat Veterans for Truth or whatever that bullshit was?

Either way, birther stuff continues to this day and I haven't heard about Bush's national guard service at all.

The Bush Nat'l Guard stuff was a bunch of forged documents that Dan Rather went with before getting them checked out.  Again, he saw his enemy and a weakness and went with it, just like birthers did, and apparently are still doing.  I did not say either was right, just that both judgements were clouded.  I was tongue in cheek on the BTW.

http://en.wikipedia....nts_controversy

#29 SmokinwithWilly

SmokinwithWilly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

This is why the birth certificate is/was such a big deal.

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

They are questioning whether or not he even qualifies to be President. I believe President is the only office that requires you to be a natural born citizen. Anyone can question whether or not he was a citizen. What really fueled the fire is how long it took for a birth certificate to be produced.

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

This is why the birth certificate is/was such a big deal.

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

They are questioning whether or not he even qualifies to be President. I believe President is the only office that requires you to be a natural born citizen. Anyone can question whether or not he was a citizen. What really fueled the fire is how long it took for a birth certificate to be produced.

He shouldn't have needed to produce the birth certificate.  John McCain never did.  Why should obama have had to?  No previous president ever had to as far as I remember.  It's a bunch of bullshit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com