Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cavs want Gasol for Bynum deal done Sunday

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah I wish we would either start losing consistently or winning. None of These lossess to the jazz and magic. We gotta win those. But on the others hand I want a top 10 pick this year. So of Brooklyn and Cleveland and new York wanna pass us they need to do it fast. I don't wanna be sitting here at march with the 8th seed.

I agree, any seed higher than 7th and I could live with going for it but 7th or 8th will more than likely just be a pointless sweep at the hands of either the Pacers or Heat.

Posted

I think they just got a great deal from the cavs. First off its been rumored that deng just recently turned Down a 3yr/30mill extension from the bulls. So they already know they can't afford him and are losing him.

I don't know what kind of contract he's going to seek, but he wasn't resigning in Chicago regardless, after their medical staff nearly killed him last year. 

Posted

Wow... I know some here really like Deng, and considering our lack of depth at SF, you're telling me we couldn't have gotten him for Ben Gordon??? Yeah, they'd have to hold onto him for the year, but they save like another 6 mil on top of what they saved for Bynum.

Ridiculous.

Bynum actually saves them more because his contract isnt fully guaranteed, so they can cut him this year and his contract only counts $6 mil or so against the cap (which means they avoid the luxury tax this year)

Plus the Cavs decided to include Sacramento's 1st round pick, so really Chicago did quite well trading a 30 year old on an expiring contract

Posted

Bynum has been cut.  He is a free agent.  8 teams have reached out.  The Heat are among them,

but the full list of interested teams is not public.

2 people like this

Posted

Bynum has been cut.  He is a free agent.  8 teams have reached out.  The Heat are among them,

but the full list of interested teams is not public.

Apparently he prefers the Heat so I don't see any way that doesn't get done.

Posted

If Bynum goes to the heat i think its guaranteed a 3peat

1 person likes this

Posted

If Bynum goes to the heat i think its guaranteed a 3peat

It makes too much sense not to happen, if they don't want him then it makes you wonder.

1 person likes this