trophy5_350.gif

#32 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

stwall won once - and didn't squirrel win too (or who was the 3rd winner)?  I never played, but I was involved in implementing some of the challenges. 

#33 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

I could be wrong....but I thought we only did two seasons and stwall was the first winner....I think???

#34 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

You're probably right - maybe I'm just remembering squirrel playing - but yes, stwall was the first winner - and yes, of course you were a winner

#35 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

reigning champ....patiently waiting for someone to try to take away my title!!!!!  LOL

#36 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

I think it was Monkeybutt that posted a photo on her facebook page of a very early tailgate back in that old gravel lot - one of the first lots.  I didn't recognize my own husband in it - MPF asked who that guy was who looked like Chuck Norris and I was one of the ones trying to figure out who he was and had no idea.  His hair wasn't gray and his beard was a little bit longer than he wears it now.  He usually liked to stay out of photos since he wasn't a huddler, but I think everyone insisted since it was just a few of us.  It was maybe my 1st or 2nd tailgate.

#37 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

Never offer a couch for sale on the Huddle.

I feel like i shouldn't laugh, but it's tough :unsure:

Good to see some old friends here :)

#38 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,342 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

We used to put shrimp tails in the back of Zod's truck at tailgates. Me and Panthro would launch eggs at opposing fans on the street. Jase shops at the Food Lion by my house. My kids remember going to Buddha's birthday party. My wife used to think I was weird for meeting internet strangers off this website at various events, and now she has many friends off this site. Go To Girl baked my daughter a cake one year for her birthday. Several members have bought cars from me at my car lot. Seems like within the first two years of being on this site I had personally met well over 100 users. I met them in Seattle, Las Vegas, talked to one on the phone in Australia when I was there.

I've gone to NASCAR races with JBro, Squirrel, Scrum, cooter, Jrockets, and others whose names escape me. Met members in Cleveland for drinks before a game, went out with Cooter and Hawk one night in Charlotte and had a whole bar convinced he was an NHL player and had many, many times out drinking with tons of different members, and have many people on here I consider a good friends and people.

Pretty sure I live closer to that food lion than you do... Stalker!

#39 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

Here's my story about the first time I ever met mush (and Redwing) - and we didn't know we met until the next week.  The tickets in front of me go on sale often - the owners live in Raleigh.  So there was this new unknown couple sitting in front of me - I talked to them briefly and at one point, a bee was flying around Redwing and I told her about it.  I asked if if she minded if I swatted it when it landed on her next so it wouldn't sting her and she said - please do.  The following week - mush (then livemush) wrote a post about his experience sitting on the first row.  And as he described where he was sitting and what it was like - I knew what he was seeing was what I always see.  So I came on and asked - did the person behind you hit your wife when a bee landed on her.  He said yes.  I said - that was me.  We'd known each other for a while on the board and there we were in person and we didn't even know it - small world.  I wish I would have realized that was him then.  But that was just the first meeting of many - I've been out with Redwing and I've met mush at Chuck e Cheese so our kids could play together (and even at a KFC because I was meeting w280sax for the first time when he happened to be nearby and I told mush about it so he came too).  And yeah - it was a Barbie cake for his daughter.  I had made one for my daughter and he saw pictures and liked it.

#40 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

There was a run on relationship advice a couple of years back. Seemed like everybody was going through breakups/divorces at around the same time.

Tons of bad advice and threads that devolved into "hey, just give me her name and address and I'll go...uh...talk to her for you".

#41 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,161 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Who couldn't love this forum? I've been in love with it since I joined back in 08' 40% of the huddle still hates me for being such a troll my first few years but I don't have a single bad to say about anyone on this forum, besides alejandro. 

I have such fond memories as:

Each and every meltdown TCF has had

Recently learning of E cat Panthers encounter with a stripper

Sending photos of my bare ass to an uppity Falcons fan

and a huge +1 for dealing with my drunk threads.

#42 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

Anyone else remember when most of the regulars had their own smilies?

USMCNance spent hours finding them all.

#43 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Pretty sure I live closer to that food lion than you do... Stalker!

London Broil on sale there...last day $2.98/lb.

#44 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,342 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

London Broil on sale there...last day $2.98/lb.

Sweet. If you get one, try cooking it sous vide, and then char on the grill for a couple of minutes to finish it off.  Tender, delicious, and you're assured a perfect temperature.  You don't need a fancy contraption, just a cooler, a ziploc bag, and a thermometer.

Cooking flank steaks sous vide has changed my life.

http://www.seriousea...vide-steak.html

#45 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Ms Sky, Boo, Monkey Butt, Hot Mess, Pantherchic and many more fine women.

:bow:

I miss my days of stalking the lovelys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com