#61 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Im guessing only the no.1 team gets the bye then?

I dont mind it at all.

I like it more than messing up the ranking of the seed bc if you do that it would affect the division play.

#62 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,341 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

me no likey...half the teams getting into the playoffs?  lame.  It's awesome the way that it is.  So much drama with just two wildcard spots, even down to the last game.  But just like everything else, they will ruin it because more games = more $$$

#63 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

I like it.  Only one team gets a bye and it's still the same number of playoff weeks.  Still adjust due to seedings for week 2.  Also would like to see situations where if divisional winners' record is less than the seed they'd face...they lose home field advantage.  For instance, Colts would've been playing in KC this weekend. 

We did this in fantasy football when we had a 14 teamer.  I liked it.  Would mean that we would've had to play whoever the 7th seed would have been this past weekend.  Would've been the Cardinals.

#64 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,680 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

It's really only a matter of when, not if, in regards to them changing the current playoff format.

#65 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,628 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Responding to Dan Patrick's suggestion that the league plans to expand from 12 to 14 squads, a league spokesman told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Monday that "no such decision" has been made about adding a wild-card team to each conference.

"It would require a vote of the clubs and it has not yet been taken up with them," the spokesman said.

Rapoport noted that a vote on the matter might take place at the next owners meeting in March.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said last week that "multiple" adjustments to the playoff system are in play.

"Every scenario has been discussed, ranging from reseeding to one extra game, expanding from 12 to 14 teams," McCarthy said. "Think of a scenario, it's been discussed and remains in play."

http://www.nfl.com/n...ayoff-expansion

#66 WarDamnPanthers

WarDamnPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

no please!

#67 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Stupid as fug

#68 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Rotten idea.

#69 b-nukle

b-nukle

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Good idea. Hope they remove a pre-season game since this adds to the season. 

#70 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

It's a start.  There is no reason a team that finishes 11-5 should miss the playoffs while a team at 9-7 or worse makes the playoffs as a Division winner.

If that's your gripe, then I'd rather them realign the divisions to make it where a team with a less than 10 win record won't make it in, but don't add an extra playoff slot so the Cowgirls have a chance at making it in. That's ridiculous.

#71 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

It's a pretty simple solution. Top 6 records of each conference make it. It's the only fair way.

#72 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,663 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

If that's your gripe, then I'd rather them realign the divisions to make it where a team with a less than 10 win record won't make it in, but don't add an extra playoff slot so the Cowgirls have a chance at making it in. That's ridiculous.

Yeah it's not a perfect system. But I don't think it's for the cowboys exclusively. Who knows, maybe this slot gets us in the playoffs next year.

#73 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

You know...what we COULD do is a points system like the NHL.

Win gets you 2 points in the standings. OT guarantees both teams one point, win in OT gets you 2. Top points leaders at end of season get in. Keep seeding as it is right now. Would've got Arizona in and kept GB out (8-7-1 record should mean you're sitting at home, IMO).

#74 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Damn Nfl will do whatever it can to get Dallas into the dance.

Dallas could find a way to fug it up, even i it was all 32 teams in the playoffs.

#75 Deebo

Deebo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

if true ...u never know we could benefit from it next season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com