Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my daycare is now on a 2 hour delay because of the cold.

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Gonna be about 85 here tomorrow.

Posted

true!  winter clears out the mosquitos!!!!

Posted

Speaking of cold weather - My GF has a couple of outside dogs and she is worrying about them being out  the next couple of nights with the weather being in the low teens. The plan now is to put one in the garage and one in the house (they don't get along) but but one is about 6 or 7 yrs and the other is around 3 or 4 yrs and have spent there whole lives outside. They have a doghouse, large fenced in areas and are in good health but she doesn't want them to freeze to death.

Im all for keeping the dogs in the next couple of nights but I am not sure how well this idea will work. Having an outside, overactive dog in a house with white carpet just screams disaster. I've Googled it and apparently the cold weather affects them just like it does us but wanted other peoples take on it.   

Posted

will need to see pics of GF before responding.  kthanxbye

4 people like this

Posted

if the garage isn't heated, it may even be too cold for the dogs.  laundry rooms and bathrooms may be the best option.

1 person likes this

Posted

Holy crap man, bring your dogs inside! 

Posted

as one who lives in a winter wonderland...I can't help but laugh at the reactions of places when they get a little taste of it.

That's ok, we laugh when you guys bitch about 90+ weather.

3 people like this

Posted

Wife just texted me and now New Hanover County schools are on 2 hour delay... holy crap people, it's just cold.

Posted

Practically every school system in metro Atlanta is closed tomorrow. Not delayed...closed.

Posted

Things are getting a little ridiculous.  I mean, I can sort of see CMS on a delay to keep the kiddies from waiting for the bus in frostbite conditions.  What is daycare's excuse?

Their workers probably have kids that go to school and now the parents need to be home on a two hour delay as well.

You will find out in a few years.

Posted

The wind chill is supposed to be around 6degrees in the morning here on the coast. That's the coldest that I've seen it here since I moved here 4 years back. I basically grew up on a ski resort so this isn't poo for me but people around here act like they're going to freeze to death just starting their cars in the morning.

Posted

Their workers probably have kids that go to school and now the parents need to be home on a two hour delay as well.

You will find out in a few years.

I'm finding out now, my kids have to stay home and I have to work.