#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,308 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

You can't say that half way through someone's rookie season.

He's done some good things... right now consistency and assertiveness is key.

I don't think most people understand that even Paul George struggled his first two years in the league.

Im not tagging Zeller as a bust. He's shown some good signs at times. But a lot of bad too.

But, I dont think you can say that about George. Offensively? Maybe. But a lot of people knew George was playing some damn good defense early on.

#17 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Im not tagging Zeller as a bust. He's shown some good signs at times. But a lot of bad too.

But, I dont think you can say that about George. Offensively? Maybe. But a lot of people knew George was playing some damn good defense early on.

Big men always take longer to adjust than guards because they aren't used to going against big/grown ass men... Look at how Drummond progressed from his rookie to sophomore year.

And yes, I was referring to George's offensive game.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,308 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Big men always take longer to adjust than guards because they aren't used to going against big/grown ass men... Look at how Drummond progressed from his rookie to sophomore year.

And yes, I was referring to George's offensive game.

I'll agree to that. But, Drummond did have an impact in his rookie season.

Still, I dont think Zeller is going to ever be muscling his way against other bigs. Thats not his game.

#19 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

I'll agree to that. But, Drummond did have an impact in his rookie season.

Still, I dont think Zeller is going to ever be muscling his way against other bigs. Thats not his game.

You're right, Zeller is a finesse player. He is going to have to figure out a way around his opponent instead of through his opponent. Hopefully Al can teach him some quick post moves.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,308 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

You're right, Zeller is a finesse player. He is going to have to figure out a way around his opponent instead of through his opponent. Hopefully Al can teach him some quick post moves.

Exactly.

I think we all can kinda figure it out that Cho took Zeller bc of his ability to shoot from the outside. Well, right now he's having a hard time doing that. He's not draining those threes like in those pre-draft workouts. But, Im more optimistic in Zeller than MKG.

#21 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

I don't think either team would do this btw. Lakers aren't trying to win now imo. Charlotte shouldn't be trying to win now. I think that the Lakers were asking for draft picks and/or Dion Waiters for Gasol, so they still see Gasol with value and are trying to get picks or prospects for him. On the flip side, I know first hand how bad Pau has become at defense, and it isn't just because he has declined. His heart is no longer in it imo, and he is just really lazy (something Clifford wouldn't even tolerate). Bobcats defense would immediately get worse, but not a lot worse just because of their pace (Pau is really awful in transition defense, but his length allows him to generally hold his own in a halfcourt setting, unless he's going up against a stretch 4, or an athletic 4). 

#22 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Pau is not good anymore.  I would rather play a frontline of Jefferson and McBob.  If he was still good, the Lakers would still be good.

#23 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,205 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

NOBODY WANTS PAU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users