Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

Pass rush will be key. Marcus Colston did go off against us

#17 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

A good double screen will back that right off. Shula is going to need to call a great game.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,176 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

Pass rush will be key. Marcus Colston did go off against us

yep. he could give us fits. i don't think people are giving him enough credit for what he does on that offense.

#19 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

I was also watching NFL network talk about the game. They opened with San Francisco and the panthers and immediately began talking about Seattle and San Francisco playing. It's really pathetic and sad when Heath Evans is the voice of reason. He spoke of how weak the Packers defense was.

I rarely get as worked up as I did watching this. I was screaming at the tv. According to them, Panthers and Saints may as well lay down right now and just give up. Don't even dress. They're not talking about either of us, so we don't stand a chance.

lol I'll bet Heath Evans is hoping for a Panthers/Saints championship game. Thumbs up for that!

#20 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

Honestly considering everything I've read and heard regarding the game, they might as well not even play and they should just ship the 49ers straight to Seattle.  

BUT THAT'S WHY YOU PLAY THE GAMES

#21 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

San Fran is 1-3 against the remaining NFC playoff teams? Only logical outcome: they're going to the Super Bowl.

#22 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

Crabtree has some moves but I'm hoping our front 7 destroys any kind of rhythm for Kaep thus negatating the effect of said crab filled tree.

#23 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:30 AM

yep. he could give us fits. i don't think people are giving him enough credit for what he does on that offense.

there honestly just in denial. because we all wish we had him or a #1 WR similiar to him and im just being honest

fortunately kapernot is not brees

#24 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg/Greenville

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

Our secondary is our biggest weakness on defense, he will get his touches that's for sure. The key is limiting big plays, and capitalizing on turn overs when they present themselves.

#25 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

I love it.

#26 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

Crabtree will get his catches. But nothing explosive or game changing. I'm more worried about Vernon Davis. Either way, the x factor for me will be our offense. Bout time they stopped fuggin around started helping our D. Just give us 20 points(20 points from our offense and offense only), and it's a win.

#27 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

Are the 49ers with Crabtree all of a sudden a major powerhouse offense that our defense just can't possibly contain?

Are they better on offense than the Saints or Pats (With Gronk).?

#28 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,358 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

I think Crabtree will develop a major case of alligator arms after he catches a few over the middle and gets laid out by Mitchell repeatedly. I think you may see the more violent side of Mitchell in this game, probably a couple of 15 yarders as well. 

#29 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,358 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

Are the 49ers with Crabtree all of a sudden a major powerhouse offense that our defense just can't possibly contain?

Are they better on offense than the Saints or Pats (With Gronk).?

Kap holds them back a bit, but the 49ers do have two really good WR's, one of the best TE's in football (even if he gets injured a bit) and one of the better RB's in the league. Add to that they have an excellent run blocking OL and decent pass blocking OL.  If they had a better QB, they probably would have won the past two superbowls. 

That said, you get into Kap's face with pressure and hold contain on him and the explosiveness of the offense takes a huge hit. He get's rattled when you get in his face and cut off his scrambling lanes. 

#30 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

Kap holds them back a bit, but the 49ers do have two really good WR's, one of the best TE's in football (even if he gets injured a bit) and one of the better RB's in the league. Add to that they have an excellent run blocking OL and decent pass blocking OL.  If they had a better QB, they probably would have been in and won the past three superbowls. 

That said, you get into Kap's face with pressure and hold contain on him and the explosiveness of the offense takes a huge hit. He get's rattled when you get in his face and cut off his scrambling lanes. 

He holds them back a LOT.

He had AB and VD (for half the game) last time,  along with Gore.............  They did nothing against us.       We assaulted Kaep all game long  we gave him his worst game as a pro.          The only thing Crabtree is going to do is make him even more predictable.     He forces it to Crabtree a lot.   I believe we get a couple interceptions off him this week,  because he'll predictably try to force it to Crabtree every other passing play,  thinking that Crabtree is Megatron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.