87 replies to this topic

#31 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

I will give credit where credit is due. Crabtree is a great route runner with good hands but with that being said, they still have to play us. Everyone is talking about what he does for that team but I really don't hear anyone talking about how great our defense has been. Their  defense still has to stop us. Cam is a big X factor in this game and I believe he will show out come Sunday. As Coach said, " We will show up and play". We will be ready.

#32 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,507 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

Vernon Davis is a bigger difference maker against us.

#33 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

I'm more worried about boldin and davis

#34 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

I'm so tired of hearing about this.

Santonio Holmes this guy.

Reminds me of what they were saying about Michael Irvin in 1996.

We broke his collarbone, and then in the 4th quarter, we broke Deon Sanders's face.

#35 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,684 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

Let the media keep dismissing us....it only fuels this team more and more.

I am predicting a beat down of the Niners on Sunday. 

#36 Coug Girl

Coug Girl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

Yes I want to see another NFC West title game for the NFCCG... Blah. Seahawks would rip them a new one yet again and it would be boring! I cant believe media wants this. It's interesting, how they say the Saints will most definitely lose because they had their bums handed to them by the Hawks in Clink (34-7). But, they somehow think San Fran will be a good game at the Clink, when they too also had their bums handed to them? (29-3). Color me confused.

#37 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Don't care how good Crabtree is, Kaepernick is going to get slaughtered again by our defense.

Everyone looks at the score of our previous meeting and basically says "Oh the Panthers got lucky and edged them out by 1", but thats total horse poo.

The 9ers were EXTREMELY lucky to score at all.  Their first drive Kaep threw a horrible ball that was dropped by Captain Munnerlyn, thats 1 FG they shouldn't have gotten (however, if I were going to give the 9ers credit for scoring anything, it would be on this drive).  Second drive our defense wrecked them, forced a punt, BLOCKED the punt, and the lucky sons of bitches had the ball fall right into the hands of a gunner downfield.  Another drive they scored a FG on we forced a fumble on VD, but for some reason it wasn't given to us.  Catch, possession, turn upfield, and took 3-4 steps, but no... incomplete.

#38 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

Yes I want to see another NFC West title game for the NFCCG... Blah. Seahawks would rip them a new one yet again and it would be boring! I cant believe media wants this. It's interesting, how they say the Saints will most definitely lose because they had their bums handed to them by the Hawks in Clink (34-7). But, they somehow think San Fran will be a good game at the Clink, when they too also had their bums handed to them? (29-3). Color me confused.

We are the only team in the NFC that has a legit shot at going to Seattle and beating them.  Might as well put Crabtree back on the injury report if he's going 1 on 1 against Sherman.

#39 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,684 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

The difference will be that they are playing us in OUR HOUSE.

Therefore, it will not be a 1 point win....it will be a beat down.

#40 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

Pass rush will be key. Marcus Colston did go off against us

The difference is colston had Brees throwing to him in the dome. Brees>>>>>kap

#41 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...tree-difference

So, was this guy playing against the Packers (weak D)?  And doesn't Kap have to be able to get him the ball?

Panthers got this.

When did Crabtree become Calvin Johnson? Oh no! The team that is coming to our house in the playoffs has a pretty good wide receiver?!!?!?! What will we do? Just craziness. I'm not afraid of Crabtree because I'm not afraid of Kaep's dumb ass getting him the ball consistently with our Dline in his face all day. We forced BRADY and Brees into mistakes, and Colin is still on the short bus. Why the Niners are all of a sudden better than us AND Seattle? Because of Michael Crabtree...GTFO

#42 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

The difference is colstins had Brees throwing to him in the dome. Brees>>>>>kap

Also Colston's height is a huge mismatch for our defense.  Luckily Crabtree isn't exactly huge.  He's pretty scrappy and improvises well to get open at times, he KILLS you with YAC tho.  Honestly I'd be fine with putting Cap on Crabtree.  Boldin worries me more, he's a historic playoff baller, plays the ball in the air and he's freaking huge.

#43 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

It would be naive and ignorant to think Crabtree isn't a threat and our dbs will just handle him all day long we have seen our secondary beat easily by worse qbs than kapaernick this season and Davis will be a bigger factor as he will likely play the whole game this time round! this will be the defences biggest challenge of the season because they have multiple threats in bolden, Crabtree, Davis & gore is good receiving aswel as running the ball! Our line will get more pressure than GBs did obviously but the secondary is a worry and if we god own by a couple of scores it will be very difficult to claw our way back into the game, our offence is not built for comebacks look at the saints game at the dome, my worry is Shula not San Francisco on Sunday.

#44 49erVisitor

49erVisitor

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

We were moving the ball pretty darn well against you guys our last meeting. We just settled for FG's because our red-zone playcalling is terrible. Hopefully, that won't be the case this time with Crabtree back and maybe VD won't be concussed by the grass again...

#45 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,507 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

We were moving the ball pretty darn well against you guys our last meeting. We just settled for FG's because our red-zone playcalling is terrible. Hopefully, that won't be the case this time with Crabtree back and maybe VD won't be concussed by the grass again...

I dunno, we have some pretty hard grass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com