Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For All The Crap Cam Took In College, Why Does Jameis Get A Pass?

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

After further review, the OP was ill advised. I was just frustrated because of how I remember every single thing Cam said being picked apart and/or taken out of context. Even earlier this season, these two idiots on local radio in RDU belittled him for his "bar mitzvah" comment. It got incredibly uncomfortable... it started feeling A LOT like Dee Dee McCarron's racist tweets. And it went completely unchecked. That's why it was frustrating. People were jumping all over Cam for how he misspoke or didn't say what people thought he should say. Then, in contrast, earlier this season, ESPN showed one of Jameis' pressers live and when they cut back to the anchors, they were saying, "wow. He is really impressive... very charismatic and well-spoken." And to me, I was thinking he sounded like a young guy, similar to Cam, but everything he did was gold to the media. And as I said, with so many similarities in their first year as starters in college football, I just felt the coverage was incredibly skewed... then I saw crap like that POS McCarron tweeted. Then I listened to local radio the day after and they had to abruptly hang up on several callers who began to trail off into racist tirades about Jameis... Or tried to disguise it and deliver it subtly. Again, I was disgusted. I just felt the media was unfair, and it's clear Cam got crapped on to a greater degree than most. But, when I see the public by and far doing what the media did to Cam, with a lot of it being racially motivated... who cares whag the media says? The world is still racist and f'ed up. So, he hasn't gotten a pass. I'm an idiot. P.s. - also, after reading more about that filthy skeezer that accused him of rape, he ought to be suing her... just another jersey chaser.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Oh just wait as the Civil Trial goes on. It's gonna get bad.

Beat the SEC for a championship AND sleep with a white woman? Ho boy.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ask someone you are friends with/work with/is in your family that you know is not a Cam Newton fan. It doesn't matter if they like the panthers or not. Just ask them "Why don't you like Cam/or think he sucks?"

I've done this several times and the response is always "He's a douche" or "He's an arrogant asshole" or "I don't like his attidude" - no real concrete argument on why they think he sucks or they don't like him except for an opinion on how he handles himself. 

It's all relative.

Guy on your team scores and does a touchdown dance, he's celebrating.

Guy scores against you and does a touchdown dance, he's an arrogant douchebag.

Heck, this board had nothing but hate for Mike Mitchell...till the Panthers signed him.

Posted · Report post

YES they did. As a matter of fact, They made a big deal over Cam's father supposedly attending the game. 

Also, why is this kid being hounded for something that he's been cleared of? I guess innocent unil proven guilty is just as selective as the labels, "elite and tradition."

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Public opinion is an entirely different matter.

OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, Michael Jackson...

Posted · Report post

lol are you serious, i hear fans calling jameis a rapist and saying he will be a bust in the nfl.. a lot of people hate certain type of qb's( for whatever reason)

FSU was down 18 yesterday, and Winston needed to complete a final drive with 1:19 left in the game, and he didnt flinch... Andrew Luck plays like numbnuts every first half, but always gets comebacks( and he is praised for being clutch).... Why does Winston get hate for doing the same... some qb's will never be respected.... look at the qb's in the nfl right now, and look at the ones that are hated( what do most have in common)....

I know I know, naw never mind.

Posted · Report post

After further review, the OP was ill advised. I was just frustrated because of how I remember every single thing Cam said being picked apart and/or taken out of context. Even earlier this season, these two idiots on local radio in RDU belittled him for his "bar mitzvah" comment. It got incredibly uncomfortable... it started feeling A LOT like Dee Dee McCarron's racist tweets. And it went completely unchecked.That's why it was frustrating. People were jumping all over Cam for how he misspoke or didn't say what people thought he should say. Then, in contrast, earlier this season, ESPN showed one of Jameis' pressers live and when they cut back to the anchors, they were saying, "wow. He is really impressive... very charismatic and well-spoken." And to me, I was thinking he sounded like a young guy, similar to Cam, but everything he did was gold to the media.And as I said, with so many similarities in their first year as starters in college football, I just felt the coverage was incredibly skewed... then I saw crap like that POS McCarron tweeted. Then I listened to local radio the day after and they had to abruptly hang up on several callers who began to trail off into racist tirades about Jameis... Or tried to disguise it and deliver it subtly. Again, I was disgusted. I just felt the media was unfair, and it's clear Cam got crapped on to a greater degree than most. But, when I see the public by and far doing what the media did to Cam, with a lot of it being racially motivated... who cares whag the media says? The world is still racist and f'ed up.So, he hasn't gotten a pass. I'm an idiot.P.s. - also, after reading more about that filthy skeezer that accused him of rape, he ought to be suing her... just another jersey chaser.

I agree with everything you said man, everything!

Posted · Report post

How shellfish

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

butter him than me

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

stealing from my stocks jameis. For shame.