Photo
- - - - -

For All The Crap Cam Took In College, Why Does Jameis Get A Pass?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

I swear you people hear voices in your head

#17 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

And then there's crap like this, of course, Tweeted during Winston's speech:

ku-xlarge.gif

(AJ McCarron's mom)

And stuff like this:

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1548170

And yes Cam was left off of 119 Heisman ballots. But Winston was left off of 115. 

The coverage of them has been pretty similar.

As far as the "fake smile" business, all that came out during and after the draft process, which Winston hasn't gone through yet.

#18 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

They called Cam a fake, phony, insincere... I suspect a lot of it was because of his crazy super powered swag, but also in part due to what happened at Florida.

But, Jameis isn't nearly as charismatic and IMO is a less eloquent speaker than Cam, and he was accused of rape (which I don't believe was a rape, for the record). Regardless, every time he speaks, I get the impression that he is "putting on" for the cameras. I never felt like that for certain with Cam, even before he was our QB.

Jameis' post game description of the conversation in the final huddle between players is a prime example of what I'm talking about... that was so uncomfortably awkward and unbelievable, if not completely impossible.

Just an observation... I've been a fan of his game since before the season started, but his on-camera demeanor/personality just seems to me, to be the epitome of what the media tried to make Cam out to be and he never was - a fake, phony, fraud, etc.

I just find it to be an interesting case study... ESPN has continuously hyped and built him up despite his fabricated personality and questionable quotables, notwithstanding rape accusations, while they bashed Cam non-stop through college and the pros until this year.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm just saying I don't get the Cam hate all of these years and yet, Jameis has not only gotten a pass, but has been hyped and marketed to no end.

Ask someone you are friends with/work with/is in your family that you know is not a Cam Newton fan. It doesn't matter if they like the panthers or not. Just ask them "Why don't you like Cam/or think he sucks?"

I've done this several times and the response is always "He's a douche" or "He's an arrogant asshole" or "I don't like his attidude" - no real concrete argument on why they think he sucks or they don't like him except for an opinion on how he handles himself. 

#19 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

When Cam won the SEC Championship game, did the sideline reporter hound him about his laptop scandal or his father's large payday?

"Gets a pass" my ass.

YES they did. As a matter of fact, They made a big deal over Cam's father supposedly attending the game. 

Also, why is this kid being hounded for something that he's been cleared of? I guess innocent unil proven guilty is just as selective as the labels, "elite and tradition."

#20 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Ask someone you are friends with/work with/is in your family that you know is not a Cam Newton fan. It doesn't matter if they like the panthers or not. Just ask them "Why don't you like Cam/or think he sucks?"

I've done this several times and the response is always "He's a douche" or "He's an arrogant asshole" or "I don't like his attidude" - no real concrete argument on why they think he sucks or they don't like him except for an opinion on how he handles himself. 

What does that tell you? Today's media plays into the prejudices, racist and ignorance of their fans simple to push their own agenda. 

As someone posted on another site, many hate Cam because they can.

#21 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

because jameis is white

If he was this thread wouldn't have been created. :)

#22 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

lol are you serious, i hear fans calling jameis a rapist and saying he will be a bust in the nfl.. a lot of people hate certain type of qb's( for whatever reason)

FSU was down 18 yesterday, and Winston needed to complete a final drive with 1:19 left in the game, and he didnt flinch... Andrew Luck plays like numbnuts every first half, but always gets comebacks( and he is praised for being clutch).... Why does Winston get hate for doing the same... some qb's will never be respected.... look at the qb's in the nfl right now, and look at the ones that are hated( what do most have in common)....

It's funny how so many sit and love tying to show how lacking in intelligence QBs like Cam and this kid is. I swear I wish I got paid everything such ignorance is shown. I wouldn't be able to own an island by now. 

Also, funny how no one makes fun of Luck and his inability to speak articulately, But I guess that's because everyone who goes to Stanford is automatically seen as intelligent and other more real reasons. 

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

They called Cam a fake, phony, insincere... I suspect a lot of it was because of his crazy super powered swag, but also in part due to what happened at Florida.

But, Jameis isn't nearly as charismatic and IMO is a less eloquent speaker than Cam, and he was accused of rape (which I don't believe was a rape, for the record). Regardless, every time he speaks, I get the impression that he is "putting on" for the cameras. I never felt like that for certain with Cam, even before he was our QB.

Jameis' post game description of the conversation in the final huddle between players is a prime example of what I'm talking about... that was so uncomfortably awkward and unbelievable, if not completely impossible.

Just an observation... I've been a fan of his game since before the season started, but his on-camera demeanor/personality just seems to me, to be the epitome of what the media tried to make Cam out to be and he never was - a fake, phony, fraud, etc.

I just find it to be an interesting case study... ESPN has continuously hyped and built him up despite his fabricated personality and questionable quotables, notwithstanding rape accusations, while they bashed Cam non-stop through college and the pros until this year.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm just saying I don't get the Cam hate all of these years and yet, Jameis has not only gotten a pass, but has been hyped and marketed to no end.

Diddy, really?

Let it go man. Worry about Cam and Cam only.

Winston along with a lot of other QBs are good people. This thread is dumb and plain stupid. Dont call out another QB just bc your QB (Cam) doesnt get a pass. You along with all Carolina fans, including myself knows exactly how it feels having the media constantly attacking a QB. Please dont do the same to a talented young QB who hasnt even begin his career yet.

P.S.

Manziel is the only exception. You can attack him all you want. The kid is a stud tho.

#24 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

If he was this thread wouldn't have been created. :)

what is that supposed to mean?

#25 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

http://espn.go.com/c...ice?ex_cid=null

Let the civil trial begin!

#26 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

After further review, the OP was ill advised. I was just frustrated because of how I remember every single thing Cam said being picked apart and/or taken out of context. Even earlier this season, these two idiots on local radio in RDU belittled him for his "bar mitzvah" comment. It got incredibly uncomfortable... it started feeling A LOT like Dee Dee McCarron's racist tweets. And it went completely unchecked. That's why it was frustrating. People were jumping all over Cam for how he misspoke or didn't say what people thought he should say. Then, in contrast, earlier this season, ESPN showed one of Jameis' pressers live and when they cut back to the anchors, they were saying, "wow. He is really impressive... very charismatic and well-spoken." And to me, I was thinking he sounded like a young guy, similar to Cam, but everything he did was gold to the media. And as I said, with so many similarities in their first year as starters in college football, I just felt the coverage was incredibly skewed... then I saw crap like that POS McCarron tweeted. Then I listened to local radio the day after and they had to abruptly hang up on several callers who began to trail off into racist tirades about Jameis... Or tried to disguise it and deliver it subtly. Again, I was disgusted. I just felt the media was unfair, and it's clear Cam got crapped on to a greater degree than most. But, when I see the public by and far doing what the media did to Cam, with a lot of it being racially motivated... who cares whag the media says? The world is still racist and f'ed up. So, he hasn't gotten a pass. I'm an idiot. P.s. - also, after reading more about that filthy skeezer that accused him of rape, he ought to be suing her... just another jersey chaser.

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Oh just wait as the Civil Trial goes on. It's gonna get bad.

Beat the SEC for a championship AND sleep with a white woman? Ho boy.

#28 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,217 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

It's all relative.

Guy on your team scores and does a touchdown dance, he's celebrating.

Guy scores against you and does a touchdown dance, he's an arrogant douchebag.

Heck, this board had nothing but hate for Mike Mitchell...till the Panthers signed him.

#29 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

YES they did. As a matter of fact, They made a big deal over Cam's father supposedly attending the game. 

Also, why is this kid being hounded for something that he's been cleared of? I guess innocent unil proven guilty is just as selective as the labels, "elite and tradition."

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Public opinion is an entirely different matter.

OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, Michael Jackson...

#30 dunnlx

dunnlx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

lol are you serious, i hear fans calling jameis a rapist and saying he will be a bust in the nfl.. a lot of people hate certain type of qb's( for whatever reason)

FSU was down 18 yesterday, and Winston needed to complete a final drive with 1:19 left in the game, and he didnt flinch... Andrew Luck plays like numbnuts every first half, but always gets comebacks( and he is praised for being clutch).... Why does Winston get hate for doing the same... some qb's will never be respected.... look at the qb's in the nfl right now, and look at the ones that are hated( what do most have in common)....

I know I know, naw never mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com