• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

Why is no one talking about a west coast team traveling 3 time zones for a 1 kick off. This is a big deal.

I'll add that this is SF's 3rd straight road game.

#32 rko396

rko396

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

I absolutely hate when we are the overwhelming "favorites" and chosen by every ESPN pundit. Im actually much more confident as the home dog. Cant wait for Kraken to get his.

5. More. Days.

#33 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

That's okay, they can keep talking and we'll KEEP POUNDING

#34 ViaVeritasVita

ViaVeritasVita

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationLandrum, SC

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

all we have is national college championships and a Stanley Cup...for now

and alot of Capitol One bowls for we South Carolina Gamecock fans...

#35 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,769 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

It's kind of disgusting how much power media has sometimes...but, it's also very sweet to watch them eat crow once in a blue moon.

They have zero power in this situation. Its the playoffs...we win we advance. They are irrelevant to the outcomes.

#36 Semaj

Semaj

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

This Sunday, the "Underdog" Carolina Panthers face the San Francisco 49ers in what should prove to be the most physical playoff game so far this post season.

While nearly every national media player is bathing the 49ers in adoration (mainly for ratings purposes), I don't buy into it, not for a second. According to them pedestrian receiver Michael Crabtree is the second coming of Jerry Rice. Why? Well, because he played well against the worst defenders in the league last week. Genius.

Here are just a few popular notions in the national media debunked:

San Francisco has a far superior offense.
While the 49ers do score an average of only 3 more points per game than the Panthers, the Panthers win in passing yards, third down conversion percentage, and most importantly Time of Possession. That last one is key. This game could certainly come down to which defense is more rested. The winner of the TOP battle will win this game.

Kaepernick and Newton are equal.
A laughable notion at best. Cam Newton is superior to Colin Kaepernick in every way. Cam has a higher completion percentage. Cam has more passing yards. Cam has more touchdowns. Cam has more rushing yards. All of this with less weapons and a less than stellar offensive line. Sorry Niners fans, Kaep is no Cam.

The 49ers Defense is equal to the Panthers defense
While the 49ers do have a good defense, it isn't quite at the level of Carolina. Carolina wins in nearly every statistical category. Points per game, rushing yards allowed, passing yards allowed, all in the Panthers favor.

Looking at all of this information and taking into consideration it is the Panthers who are playing at home after resting for a week, it becomes clear the Underdog title is nothing but large market media bias.

sarcasm on /this is going to be another EASY win for the hottest team in the NFL. It's unfortunate that they have to waste their time and travel to Carolina. They obviously are better than the Panthers aside from silly statistics and head to head match ups. Crabtree and Davis are unstoppable. Cam has never played in a big game in his life and Kaepernick doesn't have the immaturity issues that Cam has. When you add into the mix Boldin, look out. Niners by no less than 30. /sarcasm off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#37 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Lets smoke these bastards

#38 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

I absolutely hate when we are the overwhelming "favorites" and chosen by every ESPN pundit. Im actually much more confident as the home dog. Cant wait for Kraken to get his.

5. More. Days.

Agree - historically speaking, I feel that the Cats haven't faired too well when they're the faves. Just at work yesterday, a lot of the chatter from my non Panther fans co workers is we don't have a chance or we're going to "blow it". 

Up until the Smitty injury, I was almost hoping for a #5 seed because it meant we would more than likely be an underdog in every game and I'm still not sold on Ron's ability to get the team ready after a bye. 

Everyone who writes for King's MMQB picked the Panthers to lose this game BEFORE they had any idea if we would be playing Philly/GB/SF. Cue  Rodney Dangerfield 

#39 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

SF has the winning streak, last year's SB appearance, and Cali glamour going for it. Let 'em be the favorites. It'll just be more motivation for the home team.

#40 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

I heard there's only been two home dogs in the divisional round of the playoffs. One of them.....that's right the 1996 Carolina Panthers. It's all good to have big name players and a history of success. But when the Panther D knocks you in the mouth all that goes out the window.

#41 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

^ Funny thing about the winning streak, where was their last loss? The Superdome! Same as us. Winning streak sminning streak, much ado about NOTHING! Cali glamour with an all time losing record against the little ol Panthers? Bring it on!!!!!

#42 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

I heard there's only been two home dogs in the divisional round of the playoffs. One of them.....that's right the 1996 Carolina Panthers. It's all good to have big name players and a history of success. But when the Panther D knocks you in the mouth all that goes out the window.

96- Carolina
92- Miami
91- Det
82 - Mia

Divisional home dogs are undefeated

#43 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

That will make victory even sweeter. Panthers will be underdogs all the way to Feb.

And next season we will be picked 3rd or 4th in the south. I think that is a smart pick considering no one wins the south two years in a row.

#44 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Imagine how big name our players would be if they were else where. Fact of the matter is, we have gotten the most publicity we have had in years but the sentiment of most hasn't changed. Doubt.

#45 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

San Francisco (12-4) at Carolina (12-4), 1:05 p.m. ET (Fox): These two teams are literally mirror images of each other. It likes watching two identical twins fight, although I don't know that for sure because I've never seen two identical twins fight. The Panthers No. 2 ranked defense was slightly better during the regular season than the 49ers fifth-ranked defense. On the other hand, San Francisco's 24th ranked offense was slightly better than Carolina's 26th ranked unit. When I feel like two teams are exactly even, I like to pick the team with the better quarterback. And I think the better quarterback is: 49ers 20-17 over Panthers.

http://www.cbssports...s-over-seahawks

DAMN. I hope we make Kaep look foolish

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, NFL Playoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.