Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Over a 100 cops and firefighters about to be busted for lying about 9/11 participation to get disability benefits

8 posts in this topic

Posted

poo happens

Posted

they sound like prime candidates for working at AIG and all of those places.

1 person likes this

Posted

This corruption should not be tolerated.  They are an affront to all those who have served honorably.

These corrupt individuals should be stripped of their pensions entirely. 

It would be the quickest way to discourage such corrosive behavior in the future. 

2 people like this

Posted

This corruption should not be tolerated.  They are an affront to all those who have served honorably.

It would be the quickest way to discourage such corrosive behavior in the future. 

Agree even though the title suggests that it's only cops and firefighters. Maybe I missed it but how many of these were neither. And in a city as big as New York this is actually kind of low

Posted

Heroes

Posted

Totally agree.

But I'm also in favor of completely doing away with all government pensions.

I was (got out a long time ago) a 3rd generation firefighter, father served for 42 years, and just retired, and this type of thing makes me very sad.

Posted

I'd like to apply this to ALL politicians as well.