• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

DDII that was a nasty awful piece of Imperialism on our part which is why you never hear about it.

#32 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

They provided a safe haven, and assistance for those who did.  And then refused to turn them over.  That is the same as an attack.

By that logic did Pakistan attack us too?  Provided Osama a nice safe home for years, and US intelligence was scared to tell anyone in Pakistan of the strike that killed him ahead of time because they thought someone would tip him off

#33 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

I prefer to pull all troops out of foreign countries.

We have the ability to see what is going on all around the globe at all times, and the ability to get there in a hurry if needed.

We need to take care of America's problems before trying to solve the Worlds.

#34 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

By that logic did Pakistan attack us too?  Provided Osama a nice safe home for years, and US intelligence was scared to tell anyone in Pakistan of the strike that killed him ahead of time because they thought someone would tip him off

Its unlikely that the head of the Pakistan government knew Osama was in Pakistan, although I have no doubt that elements of the ISI did know.  They wouldn't tell the leader of Pakistan, in part for plausible deniability in and part because they don't trust him. 

Pakistan did help us quite a bit in the Afghan conflict, but they do have a lot of leaks. 

#35 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

DDII that was a nasty awful piece of Imperialism on our part which is why you never hear about it.

I agree.  We got the Filipinos to help us against Spain with the promise that we would grant them their independence.  Forgot to tell them that we would wait 40 years though. 

We did make it right eventually, which is why we have a strong relationship with the Philippines, and they are perhaps our strongest ally in the region. 

#36 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_4564678.html

#37 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Obama questioned on Gates' statements..

No real response...

#38 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Fox News ALERT! worthy I see

#39 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Pretty sure you'll find it anywhere...or does the magic Fox send everything through a modulator to come out differently...

#40 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

The fact you are even asking that question....

anyways CNN and Huffington Post don't seem to have this "what I am sure is an awesome story" interview on their sites where I can see it at least. But I'm sure its an amazing expose showing the President not really having much to say about a "tell all" book, since Presidents always are into that kind of thing

#41 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

I don't know...he worked under Bush too.  Did he make any such comment?  Maybe that president handled things differently and ignored politics when it came to this.  Unlike Hillary/Obama.

#42 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

Yes convincing the nation that we needed to invade Iraq because of 9/11 didn't involve any political maneuvering at all

#43 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Yeah...no Al Qaeda in Iraq...said liberals forever. 

#44 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,447 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

Its unlikely that the head of the Pakistan government knew Osama was in Pakistan, although I have no doubt that elements of the ISI did know.  They wouldn't tell the leader of Pakistan, in part for plausible deniability in and part because they don't trust him. 

Pakistan did help us quite a bit in the Afghan conflict, but they do have a lot of leaks. 

Pakistan has been led by corrupt governments for decades and the latest attempt to bring some sense of credibility was Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. It's a pretty widely accepted reality that Musharraf was involved in her assassination.

First time I ever set foot in Pakistan was 1975, again in 1977 and 1978. All three times I was there I could ask for and get just about anything if the price was right. Now, allow me to provide some anecdotal background. As many times as I've been overseas, Southeast Asia has always been one of those regions where the American dollar was almighty powerful well into the late 80's. In the mid-late 80's one could easily make someone disappear in the Philippines for $100 or so... no kidding. I found Pakistan to be very much the same way, but there seemed to be much more of a criminal element.

Geopolitically, I think the United States has always taken the position Pakistan is one of those "allies" to be kept just close enough, but don't let them know everything. 

#45 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,447 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Yeah...no Al Qaeda in Iraq...said liberals forever. 

lol... short memory, eh?

It was the WMD lies that sent American troops to Iraq.

Nice try, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com