Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Shopping Ben Gordon, Trying To Win Now (Other News)

77 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I really dont get this.

This deal is expiring and we are supposed to go after a legitimate player in FA.

Who could we possibly get at this point? The only player worth trading for that was on the market was Deng and he's now gone.

We are really holding ourselves back by ruining the future. First, we're losing our 2014 pick and now we are trying to trade the only contract worth anything?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I really dont get this.

This deal is expiring and we were supposed to go after a legitimate player in FA.

Who could we possibly get at this point? The only player worth trading for that was on the market was Deng and he is now gone.

We are really holding ourselves back by ruining the future. First, we're losing our 2014 pick and now we are trying to trade the only contract worth anything?

Cho said early on in the rebuild that at no point would we make any desperation moves, this goes against that and it reek's of a Higgins move to me.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Cho said early on in the rebuild that at no point would we make any desperation moves, this goes against that and it reek's of a Higgins move to me.

I really believe that the "failed" recent draft picks has us in desperation mode right now.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

ideally, we should let Gordon expire and throw a lot of that cap space at Lance Stephenson next year- the Pacers need to sign George to a MAX deal and probably wont have enough to keep both

but if they move Granger, it might help them.. do we go after Granger?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

How about we let MJ suit up i mean he couldn't hurt right? we want to win now right?

no I'm kidding. fuck being a 1yr playoff team or the next milwaukee.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Trading Ben Gordon would be unwise IMO

Posted · Report post

Stephenson is an RFA and they own his bird rights... no way they let him walk.

RFA's rarely change hands (unless they're unhappy) because their former team can go over the cap to re-sign them.

In other news MKG practiced for the first time today and is looking to return against the Knicks.

Posted · Report post

No offense, but trading for Stephenson would be incredibly dumb. We need to sign/trade for an impact player, most likely a scorer.

Don't get me wrong I was a big Born Ready fan since he was on SLAM at like 15, and I was all over the various Bobcats boards saying we needed to get him in the draft. I still don't know how he slipped to the 2nd round.

But anyway, why Stephenson is good, he also greatly benefits from the players around him. And while I believe he would perform similarly elsewhere, we don't need a jack of all trades, we need a master of one - scoring.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Maybe we can add a pick with Gordon and snag Monroe?

Posted · Report post

There's really no legitimate FA scorer who we can go after. The only one that I can think of is Gordon Hayward (37 points on Tuesday night vs. OKC). Still, Hayward is a RFA.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There's really no legitimate FA scorer who we can go after. The only one that I can think of is Gordon Hayward (37 points on Tuesday night vs. OKC). Still, Hayward is a RFA.

I really like his game but I have read that the Suns are prepared to make him a ridiculous offer.

Posted · Report post

we need a shooting guard scorer or somewhere between SG and small forward.  

able to create shots for himself and about 6'4 to 6'8.  great ball handler good at dribble.  someone like nick young or jamal crawford and above.  best case scenario would be gay but gay's handling is so so.  someone quick with balls and fast.  throw in gerald henderson and biyombo/zeller  along with ben gordon for the trade.