Photo
- - - - -

Charlotte Shopping Ben Gordon, Trying To Win Now (Other News)

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,953 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Stephenson is an RFA and they own his bird rights... no way they let him walk.

RFA's rarely change hands (unless they're unhappy) because their former team can go over the cap to re-sign them.

In other news MKG practiced for the first time today and is looking to return against the Knicks.

#32 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

No offense, but trading for Stephenson would be incredibly dumb. We need to sign/trade for an impact player, most likely a scorer.

Don't get me wrong I was a big Born Ready fan since he was on SLAM at like 15, and I was all over the various Bobcats boards saying we needed to get him in the draft. I still don't know how he slipped to the 2nd round.

But anyway, why Stephenson is good, he also greatly benefits from the players around him. And while I believe he would perform similarly elsewhere, we don't need a jack of all trades, we need a master of one - scoring.

#33 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Maybe we can add a pick with Gordon and snag Monroe?

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

There's really no legitimate FA scorer who we can go after. The only one that I can think of is Gordon Hayward (37 points on Tuesday night vs. OKC). Still, Hayward is a RFA.

#35 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

There's really no legitimate FA scorer who we can go after. The only one that I can think of is Gordon Hayward (37 points on Tuesday night vs. OKC). Still, Hayward is a RFA.

I really like his game but I have read that the Suns are prepared to make him a ridiculous offer.

#36 1ch1ban

1ch1ban

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

we need a shooting guard scorer or somewhere between SG and small forward.  

able to create shots for himself and about 6'4 to 6'8.  great ball handler good at dribble.  someone like nick young or jamal crawford and above.  best case scenario would be gay but gay's handling is so so.  someone quick with balls and fast.  throw in gerald henderson and biyombo/zeller  along with ben gordon for the trade.  

#37 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

Knicks are putting JR Smith on the block supposedly. That's probably our best bet as far as a scorer goes. I thought we should've signed him in the offseason.

As far as Hayward, I liked him coming out of Butler, but he's not a scorer per se. I wouldnt go out of my way to get him if it cost anything below a MLE, which it would. I dont think he's consistent enough.

#38 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

honestly I was all for winning until MKG and Taylor went down with injuries. not even worth making the playoffs if you are the 7th or 8th seed. 

better of tanking for a top pick and praying to god he turns out to be a stud

#39 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Knicks are putting JR Smith on the block supposedly. That's probably our best bet as far as a scorer goes. I thought we should've signed him in the offseason.

As far as Hayward, I liked him coming out of Butler, but he's not a scorer per se. I wouldnt go out of my way to get him if it cost anything below a MLE, which it would. I dont think he's consistent enough.

JR Smith? You gotta be kidding me.

The others on here has been smart enough to not bring his name up. Why did you have to bring it up?

#40 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

ideally, we should let Gordon expire and throw a lot of that cap space at Lance Stephenson next year- the Pacers need to sign George to a MAX deal and probably wont have enough to keep both

but if they move Granger, it might help them.. do we go after Granger?

Give me Lance over Granger all day. Lance can do a little bit of everything, and doesn't have the injury history Granger has.

But, I don't know if Lance will leave. Bird took a shot on him and he's one of Larry's guys. Money will have to talk to bring him here. 

#41 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Gordon Hayward will be a Boston Celtic. 

#42 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

JR Smith? You gotta be kidding me.

The others on here has been smart enough to not bring his name up. Why did you have to bring it up?

Scoring.  That's what we need.

All we really have to offer is BG's 13 Mil expiring and fodder.  What are we going to get for that?

JR's value is down because the Knicks are a trainwreck and he's an idiot.  BUT, he can play ball and he can score with anybody.

It's primetime to strike a deal.

#43 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Scoring.  That's what we need.

All we really have to offer is BG's 13 Mil expiring and fodder.  What are we going to get for that?

JR's value is down because the Knicks are a trainwreck and he's an idiot.  BUT, he can play ball and he can score with anybody.

It's primetime to strike a deal.

Who's in Charlotte wants and "IDIOT"?????

NOBODY!!!!!

MJ already has a reputation of making bad moves through out his time in Charlotte. Imagine MJ making this move for Smith. He'd be right back on top in the media.

#44 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Who's in Charlotte wants and "IDIOT"?????

NOBODY!!!!!

MJ already has a reputation of making bad moves through out his time in Charlotte. Imagine MJ making this move for Smith. He'd be right back on top in the media.

Well, like I said, what other options are there for what we have to offer.  Smith is a huge upgrade in talent, even if he is an idiot.

Before this shoelace crap, over the summer when he was brought up, it was almost unanimous that everyone here wanted him, and we apparently did show interest but he re-signed with the Knicks.

I think the crap he's doing now is on purpose so he can force his way out of New York without asking for it.

He could give us the scoring we need to possibly push us up into a 4th seed if all plays out well.  I mean, they've basically come out and said they're playing for a playoff spot.  He's on a short-term deal, he can score, we're not gonna get much better, and he'd help us RIGHT NOW.

#45 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=l2w9vne

MKG trade that I would personally do... throw in Detroit's pick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users