68 replies to this topic

#31 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

Totally agree! I was actually thinking the only bad thing about the panthers getting to the playoffs is Shula will be coming back next year, I know that sounds tough I mean were in playoffs but honestly how much of that is down to the offense, some of his playcalling is atrocious and continues with the wildcat crap! We rank last in throws over 20yards all year only thrown like 32 so you can eliminate probably one of cams greater weapons his arm strength! Which is why primarily we bought ginn in to blow the top off of defences that hasn't happened! Honestly we cannot afford many three and outs Sunday because there offense will put up points and we don't want to be chasing the game all day long! If I'm gettleman this game here is Shula proving to me he deserves his job but let's see

The whole point of the offense is to score more points.  In every Shula thread it keeps coming down to people wanting us to rack up tons of yards.  Throw down the field yada yada. Yards don't matter.  Points do.

• We score more points per game this year than last year. Last year was Chud btw.
  • We have less turnovers than last year.
  • We have much better TOP and sustained drives.

I bet when Shula was interviewed he was probably told... We need to have less turnovers and have more sustained drives.  Why are people wanting us to not play to our strengths is beyond me.  It's like you all got drunk on Cam's rookie season and refuse to acknowledge that it may not be the best way to win with our current team.  Every O coordinator makes questionable calls.  Sean Peyton who is regarded as one of the best playcallers in the league has been questioned a lot this year.

I don't even like Shula that much but it's like I feel forced to defend him because tbh it's not his fault. 

Since 09 these how our top 3 picks in every draft on the offensive side have looked.

Jimmy Clausen, Brandon Lafell, Armanti Edwards

Cam Newton

Edmond Kugbila

Other than Cam that's a Pu Pu Platter.  The cupboards are bare.  

#32 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

Can't disagree with some of your points at all! We lack weapons with smitty and Olsen our only to viable go to guys because lafell isn't reliable and hixon hasn't had enough playing time, the line isn't great it hardly gives cam a lot of time to throw any game against any opponent, all I would like to see is Shula realise cam has a good arm, like you say SF will fill the box so they will invite Shula to dial up deep passes and take some chances to beat them, my answer is I think he will have to if we are to win the game because I see us struggling to move the ball if we play as we have all season, but as you say and is correct the line issues and lack of weapons probably takes away a lot of options of attack! I actually thought that Tolbert getting the majority of the snaps would be a better option than dwill, watching GB Sunday the power run straight up the gut was SF downfall aswel as the intermediate throws of 15-25 yards to Nelson and Cobb, I think we have to take on GBs mantra and we know our defence will or should handle there side of the deal

#33 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,077 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

The defense will do their part in keeping us in the game.  I have no doubt about it.  They might even score a TD or set us up for a quick score. 

I think the players will be motivated and focused and execute the plays called.

Shula has 17 weeks of film and one of those was a head to head match up.  Shula has to have a good game plan from the opening whistle.   There shouldn't be any excuse for a solid game plan.

We have the players, we have the defense.   Shula needs to be his "A" GAME on Sunday.

It is on the players to execute as well.

The one fear I have is that the players come out too hyped and amped up....taking a little time in the first to get settled.  We cannot afford to not come out strong.

#34 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:27 AM

I disagree.

I think this game comes down to OL talent getting the job done.

Can we run? That has little to do with our RBs IMO

Can we protect Cam so he can make plays? Byron Bell will get a healthy Aldon Smith this time.

Shula's stuff works if the on field talent does there job...if they don't, it won't work well

#35 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

I've been saying it all along. If Shula doesn't go retard, we can win this game with ease.

#36 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

I've been saying it all along. If Shula doesn't go retard, we can win this game with ease.

Our OL will have to play above themselves IMO for us to win this one....

#37 morgan55

morgan55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Shula will fug it up last drive we will run up the middle 3 times then punt

#38 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

Last drive Shula always concedes that Cam is all he has on O

#39 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

That's the spirit!!!!

#40 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,405 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

Two weeks to prepare. Work on the fundamentals.

A week to work on the game.plan.

Sounds like plenty of time to me, for the players to have been coached up, and execute what we've been doing most of the season.

If the players fail to execute, I see fans ready to blame anybody but the players. Lol

#41 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,413 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

My point is this- Shula could call the same 5 plays throughout the entire game and if everyone does their job there's no stopping it. It's far more about the players than the X's and O's.

#42 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

Our last drives have one us some big games this season if you havent been watching.

#43 Don137

Don137

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

I think Cam is the key. The defense will hold the 9hers under 20 points. Cam cannot be as inaccurate as he has been against the Falcons and Saints. His accuracy was awful those games. Paraphrasing here but Rivera said on FNZ that Cam's mechanics are poor when he gets overly excited which leads to overthrows. He needs to be grounded from the get go and not kill drives or his receivers with bad throws.

The will challenge the Panthers on short and medium stuff. Need To hit Ginn on a couple long throws to spread the defense to open up the other stuff.

#44 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Amber Alert: Brandon Lafell 6ft 3in 211lbs. Was last seen on December 1, 2013 wearing a black #11 jersey and silver bottoms. Last known location-Charlotte, NC inside of Bank Of America stadium.

New Contract awarded if found.

#45 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,980 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

Could the lack of 20+yd plays be because the O-line isnt giving Cam enough time? Or did the team realize that we lead the league the last 2 years in those plays and got a 13-19 record. We are middle/bottom of the league this year and we are 12-4. Simple & plain... Get a win, dont care if its 5yds ata atime...

Gettleman already came out & said they are assisting with the opponents scouting. You dont think they are studying what has worked against SF? Theres more personnel helping out the game plan than there has been all year...

If Cam is sailing passes on the 1st drive, tehn I believe we need to cut him loose quickly, let him do his thing to get settled. I also think it'd be a good idea to give the 49ers something they havent seen, something they cannot plan for. 25, 28, 35 backfield? 11, 19 & 89 on 1 side, 87 on the other, let Hixon go earn his? A 4 TE set like the Eagles did in preseason? Perfect opportunity for young Brandon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.