#47 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,293 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

My boss is a huge 49er fan.

He's been trash talking ever since last weekend. Doesn't even see this game as a challenge.

Well when he came to work today, he found the door to his office decorated in Panther colors.

(I'm innocent, but there are plenty of suspects)

If the Panthers win Sunday, may the Lord have mercy on his office :D

If they don't, Lord have mercy on those of us who'll have to put up with him :(

#48 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

I am ready out here in CO.  The school I work at had a Broncos day.  Probably 95% of the kids/staff are wearing orange.  I of course bucked the trend, wearing the same Panthers polo I wear every Friday, as well as a hat and jacket.  The best part, four kids joined me.  Two have parents from the Carolinas, a third borrowed my jacket for recess on the condition she would root for us and a fourth I have successfully brainwashed.  =)

There was a kindergartner is a Kaepernick jersey, it was hard not to yell at him.

#49 Creepster

Creepster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNot telling

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

We on the huddle ride the roller coaster through all kinds of weather. Through highs and lows. I don't resent our fair weather fans. I embrace them. This is our reward for not losing faith.

dont disagree with what you said,  believe it or not the majority of Panthers fans old and new dont come onto this message board.  I know a bunch that have ridden through the highs and lows  close to 2 decades, along with me and dont know anything about chat forums, this one included.  Of course they miss the fun that you have here and the chance to meet other fans and exhult in the highs and bitch with the lows, but that doesnt make them any less fans of the Panthers.  We need to embrace all our brothers in Panthers arms where ever they are.

#50 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

Ready too!

Won't lie, that's an impressive display of fandom. Almost makes me sad you're about to have a bad day on Sunday.*

*disclaimer: I'm actually nowhere near sad and hope you want to rip your own skin off in 48 hours.

#51 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,669 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Honestly that's probably the best team tat I've seen... Can't really hate on someone who's fan enough to do that.

#52 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,392 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

my kids wore panther gear to school.

i moved into our new building at work and no more jeans day on Friday HOWEVER.

the amount of black and blue that was worn in the office was awesome. me and at least 15 other guys had black dress shirts on.

#53 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

I was scheduled to work 8am-4pm on Sunday, it looks like I have come down with a case of Panther fever.

#54 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Been seeing a good amount of black and blue in the Bay too. Good job everyone.

I'm in the Bay & saw a few too!!

#55 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

I am ready out here in CO.  The school I work at had a Broncos day.  Probably 95% of the kids/staff are wearing orange.  I of course bucked the trend, wearing the same Panthers polo I wear every Friday, as well as a hat and jacket.  The best part, four kids joined me.  Two have parents from the Carolinas, a third borrowed my jacket for recess on the condition she would root for us and a fourth I have successfully brainwashed.  =)

There was a kindergartner is a Kaepernick jersey, it was hard not to yell at him.

Must be nice living in Colorado. ;)

#56 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

I was scheduled to work 8am-4pm on Sunday, it looks like I have come down with a case of Panther fever.

My boss asked me if I would be working tomorrow (saturdays are an optional thing for us every week). I told him that work would interfere with me watching the games. He said, knowing that I am I huge Panther fan, that the Panther don't play till sunday. My response was "But there's a good chance they could play one or both of the teams that win tomorrow, and I want to watch to see what the future holds".

He told me I was worthless and walked away. I smiled.

#57 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,751 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Must be nice living in Colorado. ;)

I love it, except when I have to look at that ugly color!

#58 ViaVeritasVita

ViaVeritasVita

For King and Country

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationLandrum, SC

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Sometime today... they're gonna be surrounded by black & blue. 

Kaep will get off the bus with his beatbydre and that crappy arrogant smirk on his face. hope we wipe it off on sunday.

#59 ViaVeritasVita

ViaVeritasVita

For King and Country

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationLandrum, SC

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

Yes this is true but it goes a step further, the 25+ crowd is having children old enough to follow the team. My nieces dress up in the jerseys I have bought them and play football in the living room. You have fathers taking their 8 year old boys to the games. We are birthing second generation Panthers fans.

I am a second generation Panther fan! i was 4 years old when the team was created and my Dad was an instant fan. it took him until the '03 Super Bowl run to get me interested, and i wasnt an avid follower until the '05 playoff run. I am 22 and on my own now but my Dad left a love for the Panthers in my heart for sure. where are my tissues? haha

#60 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

The reason for the increased excitement this year versus 08 is all about personality on this team, a dominant defense, and Cam.  Kracken, Smitty, story about TD, etc gets everyone involved.  The defense is sick.  People like Riverboat Ron, though we all agree that we hate Ron Rivera.

Oh, and the economy kindof sucked in 2008.  Don't forget that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com